I read my post,, the blade did not come off, the belt did. I edited it..
I went to bed earlier than I have in years. 9:3o PM. woke up at 1AM then again at 5AM finally got up at 8AM. now most of my aches and pains are milder.. I can go out and renew them..
Annie picked a half a cup of black caps. Our bushes are not the thornless kind.. They are worse than blackberry bushes.
the strawberry farm just a quarter of a mile across the road from us closed. So we didn't have our annual short cake this year.
the blades were/are really dull. I think what happened is some long grass or weeds got wrapped around the blade spindle. I am the one who picked up a rope and a piece of metal banding . LOL .
....jiminwisc......

did the goat come home yet ?
today I worked on the lawn mower. I got the blades turning freely. got one blade off. then the fun began. I cannot get the nut loose on the other blade. lots of penetrating oil and torch heat. have it soaking in penetrating oil over night. tomorrow I will use a breaker bar and a 30'' persuader handle. If that fails, I have a 66'' persuader handle. as a last resort there is always a nut cracker..
I hope it rains, I did nothing with the tomatoes for two days.. lots of blossoms on the newest Romas..
......jiminwisc.......

did the goat come home yet ?
today I worked on the lawn mower. I got the blades turning freely. got one blade off. then the fun began. I cannot get the nut loose on the other blade. lots of penetrating oil and torch heat. have it soaking in penetrating oil over night. tomorrow I will use a breaker bar and a 30'' persuader handle. If that fails, I have a 66'' persuader handle. as a last resort there is always a nut cracker..
I hope it rains, I did nothing with the tomatoes for two days.. lots of blossoms on the newest Romas..
......jiminwisc.......
Today after lunch, the neighbor showed up with the goat! It is in very rough shape. Covered in ticks and dehydrated. The lady only caught her because the goat is staggering. I have been feeding her small amounts of liquids all evening. She had milk and goat electrolytes. I had her on my lap all evening on a towel, but once hubby went to bed I had to take her out. She was yelling. It was no good putting her in with the others, she might get trampled. So I set up a crate in the barn. I hope she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom