got 18 yards of granite today. an hour and a half I had the water holes all filled in and the driveway graded smooth. the driveway is about 300 feet long. I had him dump about 5 yards on a stock pile for touch up later on. some of the deep water holes got kind of soupy/muddy ish.. I will add more granite to them as they dry up..
Ollie ran very nice for me. twas nice to have the power steering working 100% again.
.....jiminwaUSAu.........
That's terrific!

We can sometimes get something similar. They call it road base. Basically when they tear up old asphalt roads, they grind it up. It makes a very nice clean (not dusty) surface. My bil had his driveway done with it. It has held up nicely for two winters, so far. It is not always available, though.. We tried to get some, but never got a call back from the trucker who did the bil"s..
.....jiminwaUSAu.......
We had something called crush and run spread over the clay, then gravel over that. Works pretty well but weeds grow up through it.

today we went out for breakfast.
That's it. Our 57th wedding anniversary is taken care of.
after we got home I dropped off the spring tooth harrow and mounted the rear blade onto Ollie. I made about 5 passes over the driveway and it looks fairly nice.
Glad you gals are out of harms way .
NOBODY stays behind..
Tomorrow my youngest sister turns 80.
One of her daughters asked her what she wants for her birthday. She said, Oh, just a card.. So my niece put out the word to everybody. Send a card. I think DS is going to get her wish,,,and then some. :lau.
Happy anniversary, we couldn't go out for our anniversary this year due to covid.

after we got home I dropped off the spring tooth harrow and mounted the rear blade onto Ollie. I made about 5 passes over the driveway and it looks fairly nice.
NOBODY stays behind..
One of her daughters asked her what she wants for her birthday. She said, Oh, just a card.. So my niece put out the word to everybody. Send a card. I think DS is going to get her wish,,,and then some. :lau.
Happy anniversary

It has been raining hard here all day! But the rest of the week should be lovely. Off to the Giant swap in Glen Allen VA this weekend. Friday night I drive up there and get a space. Sleep in my truck bed, then sell chickens all day the next day. People come from at least 5 states to attend, it has been running for decades.

NOBODY stays behind..

Happy Anniversary!

NOBODY stays behind..

57 years? Hurrah!

Happy Anniversary.

thank You all, I think I will keep her around for another 57 years.
DD has some sort of raspberry that yields in late summer. She gave us some that she picked.
Annie made a raspberry pie.. Very simple, bake a corn flake crust. pour the berries in raw and uncrushed, top with lots of whipped cream..
You can cut a perfect piece, but it is almost impossible to get it onto the plate in a pie shape. from then on I call it pudding..
....jimnwaUSAu.....

thank You all, I think I will keep her around for another 57 years.
DD has some sort of raspberry that yields in late summer. She gave us some that she picked.
Annie made a raspberry pie.. Very simple, bake a corn flake crust. pour the berries in raw and uncrushed, top with lots of whipped cream..
You can cut a perfect piece, but it is almost impossible to get it onto the plate in a pie shape. from then on I call it pudding..
....jimnwaUSAu.....
Oh! My favorite pie! Been decades since I have had any. Seems to me I added some flour to the berries and it looked better.

Back
Top Bottom