I had a fall in the pen getting through the fence in order to close the ladies up for the night. Bruised the heel of my left hand at the base of the thumb and jarred my wrist pretty badly.

I've fallen more in the past month than I have in the past decade. I'm actually wondering if having lost over 80lbs has upset my sense of balance.
Wow, congrats on the huge loss. I lost 20 pounds, my balance is just as bad as ever.

I could stand to lose 80 pounds. Maybe after my hip replacements are over, I can exercise more.. Walking was out of the question..
the only way I could lose a whole person is if
Annie would leave me. :lau
I am cleared to four more PT sessions.
I think I will be in pretty good shape after that.
Not much going on otherwise..
.....jiminwisc......

I could stand to lose 80 pounds. Maybe after my hip replacements are over, I can exercise more.. Walking was out of the question..
the only way I could lose a whole person is if
Annie would leave me. :lau
I am cleared to four more PT sessions.
I think I will be in pretty good shape after that.
Not much going on otherwise..
.....jiminwisc......
Floor exercises done on the bed or couch worked for me when I couldn't get up from the floor. I now can get up off the floor. Ask the pt person about exercises

my PT person gives me exercises all the time.
yesterday I was told that I could not ride a horse anymore.. I haven't been on a horse for ten years. LOL
I had a different PT therapist yesterday. She was surprised when I told her that I was driving my tractor. She said that a RV like a 4 wheel runner was out of the question. I don't have one of those anyhow.
.....jiminwisc......

my PT person gives me exercises all the time.
yesterday I was told that I could not ride a horse anymore.. I haven't been on a horse for ten years. LOL
I had a different PT therapist yesterday. She was surprised when I told her that I was driving my tractor. She said that a RV like a 4 wheel runner was out of the question. I don't have one of those anyhow.
.....jiminwisc......
I was thinking of weight loss exercises.... but diet is the real weight loss. I loss 40 lbs and have kept 30 off with diet and exercise

My intent is that, having fallen twice in a month after years of not falling (despite being a terrible klutz), if I fall again I'll see the doctor to get checked.

I went to work this morning because I knew we were too short-handed to cover the shift (I was already covering for a person on bereavement leave). I was in so much obvious pain that they asked one of the night people to come in a couple hours early so I could go home.

There's a huge bruise on my hand and all sorts of things hurt. I'm having lunch then communing with a couple ice packs.

I was never the one to exercise for weight loss.
Until these few past years, I never had to.
I don't have the will power to keep it up.
I have been lucky with the falling. the last time I fell was about 10 years ago when my dog, Gus, pulled my feet out from under me from the rear with his chain.
I will mention to my PT guy about weight loss exercises..
I hope your bruises fade away quickly. I hope you don't have any cracked bones.
....jiminwisc....

I hope your bruises fade away quickly. I hope you don't have any cracked bones.

When I was lying there in the corner of the pen wondering if DH had heard me yell when I went down I thought I'd broken my wrist. Then I realized that I had full use of my hand so I figured I hadn't.

Had my hand gone down on the ramp instead of between the ramp and the fence I probably would have.

Lately when I go outside, I tell Annie to check on me if I am gone too long.. We haven't yet
determined how long "too long" is. LOL
She has the habit of going out and not letting me know.. I get a little angry about that.
......jiminwisc........
I live alone and when I retired my brother was fussing about something happening to me. I finally got a cell phone so he would quit worrying... but he still worries. I even got Leafguard gutters so I don't have to clean gutters, needed new gutters anyway.

Back
Top Bottom