Hates gutters, none here but big roof overhangs and good grading at drip line....
....except for the back patio, 2 stories, turns into an ice rink.
Have to keep snow cleared off of it or it'd be way worse.

When I first moved here and started clearing trails out in the woods with my chainsaw, relatives freaked that I was out there all alone so started carrying my work cell out with me.
After a couple weeks wanted to make a call, no signal. So much for that.
No signal near house either, gave up even having a cell phone.
If I go down, am pretty much shitouttaluck

I've fallen more in the past month than I have in the past decade. I'm actually wondering if having lost over 80lbs has upset my sense of balance.
My intent is that, having fallen twice in a month after years of not falling (despite being a terrible klutz), if I fall again I'll see the doctor to get checked.
You should probably check in with doctor anyway, you might have cracked something. I fell a couple times some years back and I got a terrible infection on a little scratch on my shinbone. It was just like a burn and took years to get the feeling completely back. I've also lost about 80+ pounds during this past year. We're doing the intermittent fasting thing, that and the exercise of caring for our garden and critters did the trick. I want to lose another 40 or so. My balance is better if anything and my flexibility definitely is. Do see your doctor.

So good to know you are coming right along Jim, I knew you'd be the type to do your PT faithfully.

I planted garlic in the first raised bed we got put together last fall (soft neck) and it did well, but I didn't plant anywhere near enough and we've eaten it all already. Went crazy this fall and planted a lot of soft and hard neck all over the place. Shallots too, they did so well last year I still have a few left (I planted some of the best producers again) even though I use plenty in cooking.

there is not much they can do for broken bones in hands or feet. just protect them and wait for the pain to go away.
I am doing well with the PT. they authorized four more sessions over the next two weeks.
today is my mother's birthday. She would be 106. I am shooting for 100. she made it to 99 1/2 ..
I have a neighbor who is selling garlic. I think I will go buy some and plant it..
.......jiminwisc........

there is not much they can do for broken bones in hands or feet. just protect them and wait for the pain to go away.
I am doing well with the PT. they authorized four more sessions over the next two weeks.
today is my mother's birthday. She would be 106. I am shooting for 100. she made it to 99 1/2 ..
I have a neighbor who is selling garlic. I think I will go buy some and plant it..
.......jiminwisc........
That locally grown garlic would be great. It's adapted to your climate

Hates gutters, none here but big roof overhangs and good grading at drip line....
....except for the back patio, 2 stories, turns into an ice rink.
Have to keep snow cleared off of it or it'd be way worse.

When I first moved here and started clearing trails out in the woods with my chainsaw, relatives freaked that I was out there all alone so started carrying my work cell out with me.
After a couple weeks wanted to make a call, no signal. So much for that.
No signal near house either, gave up even having a cell phone.
If I go down, am pretty much shitouttaluck
I usually have a dog or 2 with me outside. Most of the time my cell phone too.
Right now I am wearing a thumb brace because the tendon burns like a wasp sting at times. Trying not to aggravate it.
I slept poorly last night, ear leaking and sinuses running and me coughing. I got up twice to take more medicine. After I got up today, had breakfast and pills. Of course Dr. office not open today.
Took a nap until 1:00! Poured rain most of the night. Very slippery when mud and leaves cover the ground.
Still working on fixing up quail cages for other uses, and the coops and hutches need refreshing and repair. It was in the 50's and Windy, with dampness all day. Tomorrow should be in the 70s, hope to get more things done .

I have to give the neighbor a call. He is off the beaten path, so I don't think he is sold out yet.
wouldn't it be nice to have a day off from aches and pain ? You know, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Aches day ..
I am sitting with an ice pack on my hip. the swelling should go away in about an hour or so.
It snowed about a quarter of an inch last night. Easy to remove.. Sent Annie out with a broom... :lau :oops:
......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom