I should post every day. If I wait too long, I forget what I said the last time.
Yesterday I fixed up another raised bed. Planted 100 beet seeds. Also planted a package of lettuce. (only enough seeds for a 3 ft row).
the raised bed strawberries are starting to produce. just a few each day so far..
We had a doe come into the yard, checking on the progress of her winter feed, I guess.
The stray cat is still around. No red squirrels. The rabbit population doesn't seem to be any greater since the babies were born. . I might make an exception and invite this cat to stay over winter..
It is supposed to start raining about noon. They are talking hail. I can do without that.
Cappy, Glad the ear aches are gone.
I used to get them a lot when I was a kid..
My stamina is coming back , a little at a time.
....jiminwisc......

It is supposed to start raining about noon. They are talking hail. I can do without that.
Bet it's the same system to hit here late this afternoon....
...doom and gloom, hail, wind, tornados, flooding.

We got a good thunderstorm early yesterday, then a nice shower midafternoon.

We got a good thunderstorm early yesterday, then a nice shower midafternoon.
Yep, we get it first, then we send it to you. I hope none of us get the wild part of the storm.
we had just a taste of rain Friday night. Not much, but it saved me from having to water until the rains come today.
.........jiminwaUSAu........

I think it would be easier to build a whole coop.
I was thinking from what I've read since the Silkies can't fly and prefer to hop then they could use this pre-fab portion of the coop. Then Polish since he luvs flying (and if and when I get a couple more chicks that are either polish or Orrington, then they could use addition piece which would let them have roosts up off the poop board at higher levels.
I figured it might help with pecking order to let silkies have their own coop area and others access to higher area without being inside same coop.
Or do you think it would be worse or not help?

Where we are, farther north than @aart, we might get the strong winds and hail too; less likely on the tornados.

There is a slight breeze now, but the air has a "still" feel to it, like it's waiting.

I'm very grateful that DH made the coop roof as strong as he did. It could survive a pretty hefty storm.

Hoping everyone is safe and the weather prediction is over... blown.

How much rain did you get @aart ?

Also I tripped over you being quoted
https://www.poultryproducer.com/back-yard-poultry/common-egg-quality-problems/

Screenshot_20210621-165653.png

Back
Top Bottom