We got the rest of the posts put in for the new garden area behind my studio. Tomorrow hope to get the wire up. Hubby wants to mow the grass too. I pulled loads of weeds today. Idk what they are, but they spread and grow fast. Too bad the goats don't seem to like them. The chickens will eat some, but clearly if i am going to get rid of these weeds, i need to pull up as many as possible.

We got the rest of the posts put in for the new garden area behind my studio. Tomorrow hope to get the wire up. Hubby wants to mow the grass too. I pulled loads of weeds today. Idk what they are, but they spread and grow fast. Too bad the goats don't seem to like them. The chickens will eat some, but clearly if i am going to get rid of these weeds, i need to pull up as many as possible.
I thought goats liked everything..... apparently just everything you don't want them to eat

So I've been to 4 different farm stores and nobody has any duckling food only one type of pellet food for grown ducks and only a couple bags. I guess every one feeds them chick feed when they are young but I've heard chick feed doesn't have the correct amount of niacin. Thoughts?

Best ask in the duck section of the forums. :)

Im with @jvls1942 id put a wood slat over it. It's a cheap fix thats very strong and cleans up the look very nicely
thank you .. I concur ,,
So I've been to 4 different farm stores and nobody has any duckling food only one type of pellet food for grown ducks and only a couple bags. I guess every one feeds them chick feed when they are young but I've heard chick feed doesn't have the correct amount of niacin. Thoughts?
do you have the ducklings already?
cook up some oatmeal and feed it to them watery.
also have plenty of water besides.
ducks love to slobber. and they need water
in order to swallow properly.
we used to get duck feed from Fleet/Farm..

thank you .. I concur ,,

do you have the ducklings already?
cook up some oatmeal and feed it to them watery.
also have plenty of water besides.
ducks love to slobber. and they need water
in order to swallow properly.
we used to get duck feed from Fleet/Farm..
Thanx for the advice ill have to get sum oatmeal. Not yet, supposed to be in this week maybe tomorrow. And I ended up ordering 25lb bag of duckling starter feed. Also gonna get sum brewer yeast been reading in the duck section that pekings need extra niacin.

True

We put up most of the 6 foot fencing around the garden today! Need 2 gates, and one short section of wire put up.
20230424_190739.jpg

Thanx for the advice ill have to get sum oatmeal. Not yet, supposed to be in this week maybe tomorrow. And I ended up ordering 25lb bag of duckling starter feed. Also gonna get sum brewer yeast been reading in the duck section that pekings need extra niacin.
i would suggest that you don't try to be a nutritionist right
off the bat.
I raised pekins when I was a kid.
back then we had only chick starter.
that's what they got right away. they grow
so fast that they can go on regular food
very soon.
I used to go a half mile to the railyards
and scoop up whole oats that got spilled
from the cars.
the ducks were free ranging.
on rainy nights they caught night crawlers.
we fed them frogs in my dad's minnow tank.
then they would dive under and chase down
the minnows and eat them.

Back
Top Bottom