20231116_215203.jpg

Girl Scouts circa 60's-70's?
Yup! Red oilcloth, with some newspapers inside. Then sewed (whipstitch) together with dark blue yarn. We might have punched holes through the oil cloth, as it would have been difficult to sew through.

Ok, so it looked like a 9 year old made it. But it worked. :gig

Right now, I'm using an empty dog food bag. Today I sat inside the coop. It's getting too chilly out in the run to sit for very long, and I like to take my Kindle and read. It takes about 10-15 mintues for the pullets to decide to come visit me. Sunny and Pip will gladly sit on my lap. They've figured out that momma is a good feet warmer!

Can you read without glasses?.
Not with the bionic eye, but with the "bad" eye.

I didn't get the second eye done, as shortly after the surgery Covid arrived and people went bonkers with fear, so no more elective surgeries. At this point I've postponed going back because I like using my phone, reading, and mending without wearing glasses.
:pop

I invited one of these dark ones to dinner. They were fighting yesterday and I managed to get one without the others noticing. I ened up with a smaller jake than I wanted, but I missed the others and figured I better settle for what I could get.
KIMG0830_01.JPG

Need to put a dz more in the freezer before breeding season.

did I mention that I am making sauerkraut for my first time ? It has brewed for three weeks. I tasted it this morning. very good, and the raw cabbage taste is no more. I figure maybe next week I will make kraut and ribs w/ red potatoes and Annie's dumplings ..
We are invited out for Thanksgiving, so there will be no left overs..
First time ever.. I will miss my dressing.
Oh well, there will be a turkey for Christmas..

did I mention that I am making sauerkraut for my first time ? It has brewed for three weeks. I tasted it this morning. very good, and the raw cabbage taste is no more. I figure maybe next week I will make kraut and ribs w/ red potatoes and Annie's dumplings ..
We are invited out for Thanksgiving, so there will be no left overs..
First time ever.. I will miss my dressing.
Oh well, there will be a turkey for Christmas..
Glad the kraut is good.
I cook a turkey just for me , I freeze some of the leftovers and eat for days on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom