I wish I could get some of the holiday cooking done today. Well, I could make the cranberry. And I guess I could make the sweet potato un-pie.
🤔

I'm making a second loaf of GF bread to use for making the stuffing; I'm going to get the bread cubes cut and toasted too.

Stopped by the studio in Danville today and my snowman was ready. Scarecrow was drying.
20231121_140842.jpg

turkey is a meal of progression.
what you can't get the guests to take home,
you make a couple of left over meals. then a couple of snacks of sandwiches. then comes the soup..
we are not cooking this year. first time ever.
there are only five of us and the ladies decided that we are going out to eat.
downside: there will be no leftover dressing.
the dressing was always my job..
on the weekend, I will probably make ribs and kraut..

I like making soup from the left over turkey carcass.
I make bone broth. I haven't had a carcass to use for that since last Thanksgiving!

Hubby hates the smell, so I'll be doing it sometime when he's gone. Right now, the only days on the horizon aren't until January. So I'll mash the bones into a smaller space and store them in the freezer.

Go to work for a day, dear. I need to make bone broth. Think of all the room in the freezer we'll have after that! I have a huge bag of veggie bits to use.

turkey is a meal of progression.
what you can't get the guests to take home,
you make a couple of left over meals. then a couple of snacks of sandwiches. then comes the soup..
we are not cooking this year. first time ever.
there are only five of us and the ladies decided that we are going out to eat.
downside: there will be no leftover dressing.
the dressing was always my job..
on the weekend, I will probably make ribs and kraut..
We had ribs yesterday! So good!

did I mention that I am making sauerkraut for my first time ? It has brewed for three weeks. I tasted it this morning. very good, and the raw cabbage taste is no more. I figure maybe next week I will make kraut and ribs w/ red potatoes and Annie's dumplings ..
We are invited out for Thanksgiving, so there will be no left overs..
First time ever.. I will miss my dressing.
Oh well, there will be a turkey for Christmas..
I need to do that, make my own sauerkraut.

Back
Top Bottom