Helping chick

Jesse7583

Chirping
Oct 5, 2018
Ok so I hatched ten chicks on day 23 and it is day 26 and my last egg hasn’t hatched yet I piped it a little to see what was going on and it is alive and still has quite a few veins I know people say not to help but I have before and those chick turned out perfect so should I help this one or what should I do

I forgot to mention that I got a new incubator and they hatched in my new one but until day 16-17 they were in my old one

Also I accidentally piped a little to big of a hole

Attachments

• 3F1E66FD-EB53-4FB2-8984-3A406237208D.jpeg
    3F1E66FD-EB53-4FB2-8984-3A406237208D.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 9
ok, it's likely not ready to hatch just yet, but it's working on it. make a small breathing hole in the inner membrane where there are no veins. What kind of tools do you have? A set of flat headed tweezers not rounded ones could work, or a sewing needle.
Ok I do have tweezers thank you for your help

Ok I do have tweezers thank you for your help
not a problem. :3 your chick might be malpositioned. give it at least 4 hours before you start picking back more shell. It still likely won't be ready, but having a better look at the veins will give you a better idea of how far along it is. It'll likely be ready within 12 to 16 hours. hope you get a healthy baby chick.

not a problem. :3 your chick might be malpositioned. give it at least 4 hours before you start picking back more shell. It still likely won't be ready, but having a better look at the veins will give you a better idea of how far along it is. It'll likely be ready within 12 to 16 hours. hope you get a healthy baby chick.
Yay I just when to look at it and it has internally pipped

Wow, alright it should be within 48 hours of internal pip, so give it quite a bit of time. Keep that inner membrane moist with some kind of oil if you can. don't wrap it with wet paper towel it'll make it cold.

What's your humidity at? It should be around 65-70% if it's higher than 70 bring it down. Maybe check around where it's beak is but don't go poking around too much. it might just surprise you and get out on it's own.

I will put coconut oil on it and my humidity is at 50 my incubator says not to go beyond 65 so I am keeping it at 50 and thank you again for all the help

Back
Top Bottom