HELPPP!!! is this a malpositioned duckling??

Pics

Sierra67

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
917E197F-D0CC-441C-8C57-D9E6A459D5A2.jpeg

This is a cayuga duckling on day 31 the movement is on the bottom right corner in the yellow area (I’m assuming is yolk) I can’t see any visible beak and it’s not moving a lot. Is it malpositioned and how do I help it with that much yolk and veins

Did you try to help it hatch?
I was originally giving it an air hole, because it was so late and looked internally pipped through candling which was more than 24 hours that it appeared internally pipped which is why I was doing the hole and then it looked shrinkwrapped so I gave it coconut oil and now I’m not sure what is going on with him

The veins look like they are being absorbed but he’s got a lot of yolk by the looks of it, will he be ok

Upon further inspection what I saw is not his beak which means I don’t know where his beak is

Inspect the rest of the shell for any bruise looking spots. If it’s malpositioned, it may have tried to pip outside of the air cell, which sometimes results in a bruise spot.

I see what could be an eye and bill in the pic, but hard to be sure. Sometimes you can feel the hardness of the bill with your finger gently on the membrane. Having movement is a good sign, but since it didn’t pip on its own, it’s going to be a struggle. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom