Still down to only one hen with green diarrhea. Everyone else does normal green poops. My one diarrhea'd when I put them to bed, but in guessing cuz their water froze or too much scratch this morning. My diarrhea hen sleeps in the nesting boxes. I can tell cuz the wall corners have poop on them. Then the same nesting box looks like someone was murdered in it. Its everyones favorite so there must have been a fight. And then besides the head shaking, I think its going pretty good.

Sounds like things are improving:)
Everything has been going well until today. I went to put petroleum jelly on my large crowned hen, Janis, and she got super scared so I stopped. Woke up this morning to a frozen egg on the floor with no shell. I had no idea who it was and Janis was already sitting in the box for a really long time. I left and just came back to her wings slightly drooped and she let me pick her up. I felt no egg, but the her bottom is dried with clear stuff. Like the clear part of an egg. She scampered off to bed. Not sure what to do. Not sure if I literally scared an egg out of her or what. I had to give them different feed this morning so I could run out for the right stuff. I got 5 out of 9 eggs today. I'm missing a dark brown, Janis's big white egg, and Kangee's green egg. Kangee was trying to fly up to the ceiling. She does that when she wants to lay in private. Just dont know about Janis.

Check on her in the morning. If she's still droopy, it would be a good idea to re-check for an egg. Sometimes if they lay a soft shell egg they don't feel well.
I'm hoping its just cuz I scared her. I can never touch her but I was afraid of frostbite. Should have left her alone. I feel sick that I hurt her. I cant lose anymore at the moment. Not right now. I'm finally not stressed out and sick over these birds.

Shes drinking...she just walks around like this. Idk. I'm done worrying and pissed I even took any of those chickens in. My birds NEVER flicked their heads until these guys came. I palpated her and felt nothing. Dont know what to do. Scrambling eggs and throwing them in the pen amd walking away.

Attachments

• 20190115_084547.jpg
    20190115_084547.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 4
Take a deep breath and calm yourself :hugs

She's a Leghorn so probably a little flighty. Mine is a little too, but calms very quickly when in hand.
Her stance, to me, says she's having a bit of trouble there. I would watch her. Do you have any calcium like Caltrate or Tums? If you have Caltrate give 1/2 tablet, for Tums give a whole one. You can crush it up and mix into her egg if you wish.

See if the extra calcium helps her out. She may be having problems with a soft shell egg.

Back
Top Bottom