You've been busy!
I would just watch her for a few days to see if she improves.
I felt her crop tinight and I cand feel the cracked corn. Small crop. Like a ping pong ball maybe. It just scates me when she cries to me at night. Everyone else ate except for her and Uptalk. Then mama has a mushy crop I'm keeping an eye on. The head shaking stops when they go to sleep. They flick all day tho. A couple have been scratching their heads so I will check for mites. Also have to take the spurs off the boys.

Dont mind me. Uploading so I can go back to this if anything changes. Iys everyones breathing when they get ready for bed. Snow doesnt tuck her head in so something is wrong...then the birds traded places.

Do you leave any windows open at night or have ventilation up high?

Not all birds tuck them heads in all the time so when sleeping, they sort of change positions through the night. I have a cam in my coop so as not to disturb them too much, great way to observe roosting/sleeping behavior:)

Do you leave any windows open at night or have ventilation up high?

Not all birds tuck them heads in all the time so when sleeping, they sort of change positions through the night. I have a cam in my coop so as not to disturb them too much, great way to observe roosting/sleeping behavior:)
How much was your camera?? Ive been wanting to watch their egg laying behavior. Keep finding one egg broken and missing but no culprit. Just a bunch of poker faces. At night, the windows close and the shutters are put down so you cant hear the doodles. They woke up again with alot of head shaking. Every one of them. Gave them some garlic in case of mites. Not sure what else to do with the head shaking.

I don't know how much it was:oops: I had an old camera system and the hubby got a new one earlier this year, it came with 4 cameras so 2 were for me and the others replaced front door and vehicle security.

I think it's a "Night Owl" system, but I seen discussions here on BYC about other cameras being used.

Even though it's cold, if you don't have a lot of overhead ventilation, it would be good to leave your window cracked open at night to allow fresh air in.

I think I remember you treated them for lice/mites correct? Did you use a Permethrin based poultry spray/dust and repeat treatment to the chickens and housing a couple of times?

I don't know how much it was:oops: I had an old camera system and the hubby got a new one earlier this year, it came with 4 cameras so 2 were for me and the others replaced front door and vehicle security.

I think it's a "Night Owl" system, but I seen discussions here on BYC about other cameras being used.

Even though it's cold, if you don't have a lot of overhead ventilation, it would be good to leave your window cracked open at night to allow fresh air in.

I think I remember you treated them for lice/mites correct? Did you use a Permethrin based poultry spray/dust and repeat treatment to the chickens and housing a couple of times?
Ok. Ill crack the window a bit. They did get treated for mites a couple times. My only thought was ventilation problem or something they're hiding. Its head flicking for 3mths now. But they're laying again and are eating and drinking and going outside. With an occasional baby sneeze.

I'd b completely fine if they stopped shaking their heads. Its driving me nuts that it only happened since I brought in the new birds. Otherwise theyre getting along way better. Just have to rub some anti pick on them and thats it. No eggs were eaten today and I actually got 6 this time. Out of maybe 15 hens? Mama and nugget dont lay. Don't know anything about his bieds except for what he told me "they are healthy egg laying birds. Never got sick." I'm trusting nobody ever again. Pfft.

Left the window open a crack behind mama dinner to see if her breathing gets better. Everyone has seemed to change spots in the coop. I think to mess with my head even more. I bought some blu-kote in case I needed it in the future and came home to two hens with bloody crowns. It's like they knew. This is literally my luck. Lol. It's so strange. I see Nani has pin feathers coming in on the top of her head. I think the face scratching would be that. Hopefully.

Yes, if she has pin feathers coming in on the top of her head, she will likely scratch some.

LOL Maybe they read your thoughts and figured you might as well break the bottle of BluKote out since you bought some. Everything can be going fairly smoothly, then all of sudden it can be chaos. You just never know about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom