Pics
I have noticed the dust plume up when they walk on the shelf. Is that DE?

You may want to clean every bit of that up to see if that makes a difference. DE and dusty conditions can irritate the respiratory system.
Maybe it is? Wednesday I'm getting more pine shavings. I started washing the table down really good.

I culled the rest of the table chickens and the nasty feather ripper chicken. All the feather picking between everyone stopped right away and they all started singing and dancing on the table. Should have done that 2 months ago...who knew? And I'm actually getting eggs again. Even from the rest of the ones he gave me. And its quiet. I'm down to 20 chickens which is nice. I'm never taking in anyone elses chickens ever again. Just glad the bickering stopped. Now to fix the roof tomorrow with a tarp and bleaching the boxes and ceiling really good. Dont see anymore green poop. Crossing fingers that those chickens were it. And maybe changing the roost to parallel with the wall. Not sure.

My heart is broken into tiny little pieces. It hurts so much. I know getting rid of the table chickens made everyone much calmer, but I feel horrible for it. I dont want to go to hell for killing a living being. I dont know if God is okay with it or mad at me. Getting them was the biggest mistake of my life and it took away my chicken joy. I have 7 of his left and they seem to get along. But I cant seem to go over there with a smile on my face and enjoy hugging the girls. I dont know if my joy will ever come back. Font know what to do with Nugget. I'm at a loss. Even if it was ascites or eyp, they eventually die from it. I cant bear to put her down too. Shes still eating and drinking, but she still walks with the stick up her butt. I just want to go back where I was excited to see their stupid little faces. And enjoy their presence.

I keep telling myself its not my fault, but I still let them in. But alot of diseases don't show with quarantine. As for nugget too. I keep trying not to think how it was my fault an egg broke inside her. If thr rooster did it. If my roost is too much. If the new chickens stressed her. I know she was born tiny and I cracked her open. She wasnt supposed to survive but I let her. It just eats me up inside still. Ugh. Such a crappy christmas. I'm trying to calm down and show myself they are getting better but then I think theres some invisible disease they have and I cant see it. Its stupid. I just want to breathe and say everything is okay and that it will be. And to enjoy chickens again.

:hugs Everything will be o.k sweetie.

My heart goes out to you. I know you are sad. I can't imagine what you are going through, but this will pass.
You did nothing wrong. Sometimes an egg does break inside a hen, it just one of those things that happens. There's nothing that you could have done to cause it.

Culling the birds that were sick and were causing health problems within the flock was a practical decision you made. It's part of keeping chickens. Hopefully this stopped the spread of illness within the flock. You are already starting to see improvement within the flock already!

Take a little time to grieve the loss, but you 20 chickens left that need your attention and care. 20 chickens can bring a lot of joy if you let them:) I know it's hard to suffer loss, when you care so deeply about them, but everything in life has a season.

:hugs Everything will be o.k sweetie.

My heart goes out to you. I know you are sad. I can't imagine what you are going through, but this will pass.
You did nothing wrong. Sometimes an egg does break inside a hen, it just one of those things that happens. There's nothing that you could have done to cause it.

Culling the birds that were sick and were causing health problems within the flock was a practical decision you made. It's part of keeping chickens. Hopefully this stopped the spread of illness within the flock. You are already starting to see improvement within the flock already!

Take a little time to grieve the loss, but you 20 chickens left that need your attention and care. 20 chickens can bring a lot of joy if you let them:) I know it's hard to suffer loss, when you care so deeply about them, but everything in life has a season.
Thank you so much. It was hard but the ones I culled were all his. I'm down to just one with diarrhea and thats my oldest hen. The head flicking I think is still boogers cuz nugget shook her head in my bathroom and clear dots were on the floor.

Just want to say my Instagram is @twitchys_chicks
Fihured if you guys saw something I'm doing wrong, you can give me advice. Ive always free ranged until this past august. Thats when everything started going downhill. Finishing disinfecting the coop tomorrow. Took a long time to get a tarp on top of the roof until spring when I can redo it. When I got up there, nearly all the shingles were completely destroyed! The last hot day we had there was green mold on everything. I did bleach it off, but I did see some more this morning behind my trunk and the feed cans. I hated this summer.

Tonight's empty crop is his birds:
Uptalk
Nani
And Black Hen

All of mine have full bulging crops. His other 4 have food but not alot.

Mussy laid a thin shelled egg while on the roost. I dont know whats going on. I dont know if thats just a freak thing or why she belly crawled like 5 days ago... I dont know if my birds are sick. I dont know if he gave me duseased birds. I dont know how to fix it or if I can. I'm beyond pissed at myself for thinking I could take in someone else's flock. I'm so stupid. I dont know if thats y everyone is acting off or if the mg from a year and a half ago is it...I never saw Mussy in the nesting box yet. But some of mine dont lay until about 3pm. Theyre weird. I'm so afraid these new hens screwed up my entire flock and I dont know what to do. Dont know if that egg was a freak thing because I just thought about it before I went in there to close up. I did have soft eggs like 2mths ago being laid on the roost but then it stopped when nugget got sick. But now Mussy? Idk. Shes the white one in the video with the stupid weird breathing noise. Not sure if I posted it on here. She did that for one night last week and stopped. I dont know what to do. I cant lose anymore to egg binding and what not. Jist listening to nugget is hard enough. I cant lose anymore. I just can't.

Back
Top Bottom