Hen attacked!

I would continue to clean the wounds, but apply plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day to wounds. Look for any puncture wounds from teeth, which can become infected. Keep the wounds uncovered, but I would use a towel or puppy pads for bedding so particles of bedding do not get into wounds. What antibiotic and dosage are you using? Is she eating and drinking?
Is there anywhere that I could get triple antibiotic ointment?

Peroxide is known to prevent wound healing with more than one use. So I would use either saline, chlorhexidene, Betadine, or Vetericyn instead, and follow it by Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Where are you located? Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment are sold in most stores and pharmacies in the US. If you are outside the US there may be other suggestions.

Peroxide is known to prevent wound healing with more than one use. So I would use either saline, chlorhexidene, Betadine, or Vetericyn instead, and follow it by Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Where are you located? Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment are sold in most stores and pharmacies in the US. If you are outside the US there may be other suggestions.
Okay, thankyou! :)

I’m in England but I looked it up and I can get some online. Thanks so much for the help :)

Let us know how she is getting along.
She is doing really well so far and her wound is already healed quite a lot so hopefully it will heal completely very quickly, she’s back to her normal self as well and isn’t stressed in anyway. Thankyou for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom