Hen badly injured

Pics
There are ways to dull the pain of dubbing. The comb heals very quickly. You just need to be ready with a means to stop the bleeding as it can go on for a long time after the operation. I dubbed a hen's comb when the long tail at the back was constantly getting torn from her scalp by the other chickens. It solved the problem.

I’m scared to dub it.
I have 3 other leghorns whose combs are also doing the same.
But I want them to be able to see.

It's really not hard. Just cut it with scissors to the size and shape you want. Have flour or corn starch handy to sprinkle on the cut to stop the bleeding and that's all there is to it. It does hurt the chicken so I numb the comb with ice before I cut. That cuts down on the bleeding as you cut. The entire operation takes about two minutes. I'm sure there are videos.

It's really not hard. Just cut it with scissors to the size and shape you want. Have flour or corn starch handy to sprinkle on the cut to stop the bleeding and that's all there is to it. It does hurt the chicken so I numb the comb with ice before I cut. That cuts down on the bleeding as you cut. The entire operation takes about two minutes. I'm sure there are videos.

I honestly do not think I can do that 😢

Back
Top Bottom