Her back, right between her wings
It looks like you have already cleaned the wound, yes?

Since you have triple antibiotic ointment, I would just use that.
Have you examined her closely for any other wounds under the wings and all over her body. I'm sure she is not happy at the moment, but checking is a good idea. Numerous times there have been posts where days later a festering wound that was hidden underneath feathers has been found, then needed to be addressed.
I would still be concerned about her being driven into the ground as well. It is good that she took food. Hydration is important too. Next feeding if she is still not drinking, offer her a wet mash of food (food mixed with water) to get some fluids into her.

All in all that’s a fortunate place to have a wound, really. It looks deep in one area. From what I can see so far with some TLC She should recover. Fluids are important and electrolytes will help greatly. Keeping infection out is important that why a good cleaning at the start is so helpful.
It will be a bit of a process but chickens can surprise you how by how they tolerate and heal from wounds.

830B6FD3-DF0A-4B37-B04A-C501A251F606.jpeg
69F7ED47-1B3E-4DD2-8C07-B384C8AC4B87.jpeg
5D3CAA5A-3645-407F-B541-66E826077EB8.jpeg

It looks like you have cleaned up the wound. I would trim the feathers away from the wound so they don't get stuck in there.

Apply the triple antibiotic ointment (no pain relief) that you have. Leave the wound uncovered unless she picks at it.

Do you have any antibiotics on hand?
I do, I have applied some triple a and she’s now back to her blankets and sleeping. No wrap, I cut more feathers and flushed her once more as well.

Back
Top Bottom