Hen is laying in tree how do I stop this behavior?

Wow! That is really something I haven't heard of yet! Do you have a coop/chicken run that you can lock her in so that she can't get back into the trees? That really would be the only solution I can think of. Are the eggs fertile? You could just move her nest into a dog crate or cage in a nice private corner of the coop, and let her hatch them......I'd sure love to see a picture of your ivy nest!

Sharon

They are such funny things. How does she think the babies are going to get down from there??
hmm.png

Mine insist in laying in amongst the lilly plants.
I think the only way is locking them up in their coop for a bit (week?).

Cut down the tree! just kidding, someones going to have to climb the tree to get the hen & eggs down. Just when I thought I heard it all to. wow!!
P.S when climbing up there try not to get pecked to much LOL!! Maybe the first idea was the best one.
Good luck I mean it.

She is a silly bird! I think I'll try taking what I can of the nest down and putting it in the nesting box and keep her cooped up for a while. Sounds like good advice. Thank you all!

Clip her flight feathers on one wing to keep her from flying, then relocate her nest to someplace quiet and where she will feel safe away from the other hens.

Back
Top Bottom