Hen or roo? Picture heavy

TubbyChicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Kentucky
The first one and most concerning...

Buff Polish, 13 weeks, not wattles at all, no comb and no crowing. (Her crest is wet in these pictures which makes it look spikey)
Birds16.jpg

Birds20.jpg

Birds7.jpg

This is the light Brahma (I think)...I'm thinking pullet still. Tiny wattles, comb is still pale but she does challenge the other birds a lot. She is still peeping. I'm not sure of her age though or whether or not she is a bantam.
Birds15.jpg

Birds14.jpg

Birds17.jpg

This is the white crested black polish...She also has long feathers around her tail, is 13 weeks, has no comb or wattles and is not crowing.
Her head is out of focus here...
Birds18.jpg

and...this supposed to be a Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. I'm almost sure she is a pullet.
Birds19.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Quote:
Thank you! She has a lot of gold in her...and now I'm starting to see the greyish blue coming through. She is very timid though.

Quote:
Really? I'm almost certain the BLRW isn't a roo...we actually had a roo with her and the differences were obvious.

I'm also not seeing any signs of roo with the Light Brahma yet. Maybe I should do some more inspecting. LOL

I think the polish are both pullets. I have 13wk buff polish who looks just like that. No wattles at all, face still yellow with no red at all showing. The curved feathers at the base of the tail look rounded, not pointy. Just like mine, and I think mine is a girl. I have a 13wk silver-laced polish who is obviously male, with a very spiky do, a red face, and his saddle feathers are obviously pointy.

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
I really hope so. I'm hoping that these are all girls. I've already given two roos away that were in this bunch, and I'm getting rather attached to these ladies.

Quote:
Really? I'm almost certain the BLRW isn't a roo...we actually had a roo with her and the differences were obvious.

I'm also not seeing any signs of roo with the Light Brahma yet. Maybe I should do some more inspecting. LOL

The BLRW I'm definitely not sure on. It's tail feathers have the droopy long roo look, but do appear rounded. It does make me think roo though. The Light Brahma, I'm almost sure is a roo. It has the very pronounced long pointy roo tail feathers.

Back
Top Bottom