Hen or Rooster

Dogwood Farm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
I would have guaranteed all my Rocks were hens. But someone got me questioning them. What is your opinion. Is this a hen or rooster.
I'm still saying hen. I have a Buff rooster and a Rhode Island Red and they are guaranteed roosters.

This one was hatched around Dec. 26th 27th We went out to Polk OH on Dec. 28th to pick up our peeps

I have never had problems ordering hens. Well this time we were trying to help a fellow worker out by ordering his wife 6 hens with ours so she could get a break on the price. Meyer's is only about 3 hrs from us so we decided what the heck we will drive out and get them ourselves instead of having them shipped. Now I will guarantee I have a Buff Rooster, and a Rhode Island Red rooster out of the 39 peeps I picked up that day but I figured ok what the heck not a big deal. Well the friend is all worried his Rocks are roosters and I can't find my old pics I had of my old chickens I sold back around Thanksgiving. I wanted to start out all new and fresh with new chickens I would have never questioned a single one of my Barrs if it weren't for him questioning the ones he got. I figured out today that one of my Easter Eggers is a rooster also. He crowed in front of me. Even that wouldn't have bother me. I thinking of just buying the chickens he got back off of him so he can forget about it. Actually if I figure if none of his are crowing yet they are hens. My roosters are crowing up a storm since they learned how to make noise.

Back
Top Bottom