Hen or Rooster

Damp

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2023
Was just wondering about what I thought was a hen. It's a Majestic Midnight Maron. Does this look like a hen?
I thought it was but the red on it's neck through me off. The one on the right in the pictures.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 11-22.jpg
    11-22.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 12-22-3.jpg
    12-22-3.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 22
  • 12-22-4.jpg
    12-22-4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • Ethel 12-19-2023.jpg
    Ethel 12-19-2023.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 12-22-1.jpg
    12-22-1.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 23
Looks like a pullet to me. If it's infact a Midnight Majesty Marans ( it does look like) it's a sex link hybrid.

Example= Black Copper Marans Rooster x Barred Rock Hen produces Midnight Majesty Marans.
Cockerels will be sex able at hatch with white dot on head. Cockerels will feather out Barred.

All Pullets will feather out black with copper hints in their hackle.

Looks like a pullet to me. If it's infact a Midnight Majesty Marans ( it does look like) it's a sex link hybrid.

Example= Black Copper Marans Rooster x Barred Rock Hen produces Midnight Majesty Marans.
Cockerels will be sex able at hatch with white dot on head. Cockerels will feather out Barred.

All pullets will feather out black with copper hints in their hackle.
Yea! Thank you so much.

Was just wondering about what I thought was a hen. It's a Majestic Midnight Maron. Does this look like a hen?
I thought it was but the red on it's neck through me off. The one on the right in the pictures.
Thank you for your help.
If she's a MMM, she should have feathered legs/feet, although it's possible some turn out clean legged. I have one, she is solid black with a lovely purple sheen, no red collar at all.

Back
Top Bottom