Hen or Rooster

jasongind

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 12, 2013
Federal Way, WA
I picked up 5 chicks a few months ago. They were all suppose to be pulletts. I'm starting to wonder if the EE is a rooster. "She" is making noises I've never heard from other hens. After some research and inspecting the comb looks a bit redder then the others as well. Her legs are the same thickness as others and I can't tell a difference in any feathers.

Here is a pic. All help appreciated.
The one looking at the camera

Full side body shot.

I'll try and get some better ones tomorrow. They wouldn't come out of the nest boxing this morning as it was still cold out. I'm hoping the initial assessment isn't correct, but have a feeling its a cockerel as well.

That's what I was afraid of. What are the signs to look for minus the brighter red comb?

The red patches coming through on the wings. That's what I see with urs and also the red comb. U also look for saddle feathers. The pointy feathers by the tail. And also pointy feathers around the neck will begin to come through and they will be shiny... Once u start raising EE u begin to see all the signs. They start becoming very clear.

Back
Top Bottom