hen stopped laying

dottik

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 9, 2016
pa
I have 2 plym rocks ,2 rhode reds they are about 4 months old.Had gotten a white hen about month and a half ago.she laid 2 eggs and stopped this week.3 days have gone by and nothing.she has layer crumbles ,oyster shells.yogurt every few days.The pen is 8x15 with 4 hen houses.I live in florida so weather n sun are not a problem.thanks for any info

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
How old is the white hen? Do you know what breed she is? You've had her for a month and a half - what pattern have you noted prior to this in her laying?
While lack of production can be a sign of something being amiss, going a few days without laying is not necessarily indicative of anything being wrong. Even in temperate areas such as your location, season does have an impact on production.

I know you mentioned they are penned - are they confined 24/7 in that area or are they out free ranging (or making unintended escapes) outside of the pen at all during the day?

they are caged 24/7
she is a white leghorn, patterns are the same,waking up ,walking around,eating .then starting to cluck so i knew she was gonna lay.her comb is red everything normal,but clucking and eggs just stopped.she is not bound up.just puzzling

Back
Top Bottom