Kippiekippen

Chirping
Dec 9, 2018
Hello my 1 year old hen has suddenly recently got a hoarser deeper voice than usual. She is eating and drinking normally and is digging around normally too.
I did feed them fish skin today but I’m wondering if she swallowed it whole to stop the others getting to it. If it is the fish skin, will it pass through and if it isn’t the fish skin, what could it be and what should I do?
We’ve started worming them today just in case it is worms.
(Also, she is not wheezing. She sneezes occasionally but it is mostly just her voice.)
Thanks in advance :)

Hello my 1 year old hen has suddenly recently got a hoarser deeper voice than usual. She is eating and drinking normally and is digging around normally too.
I did feed them fish skin today but I’m wondering if she swallowed it whole to stop the others getting to it. If it is the fish skin, will it pass through and if it isn’t the fish skin, what could it be and what should I do?
We’ve started worming them today just in case it is worms.
(Also, she is not wheezing. She sneezes occasionally but it is mostly just her voice.)
Thanks in advance :)
Have you noticed only for the day?
Check her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks to make sure it's empty.

What did you worm your flock with?

It's possible she may be experiencing a bit of stridor where she's eaten something and it's not gone down. This usually lasts a short period of time. Hopefully by morning it will be resolved.

Have you noticed only for the day?
Check her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks to make sure it's empty.

What did you worm your flock with?

It's possible she may be experiencing a bit of stridor where she's eaten something and it's not gone down. This usually lasts a short period of time. Hopefully by morning it will be resolved.
Thank you for your reply!
I will check her crop first think in the morning tomorrow. I worm them with flubenvet (I think that’s how you spell it)

Her voice is normal again! I guess it must have been some food stuck in her throat :)
Glad that she is back to normal!
I would monitor her for a few days. If you notice her doing that again, it would be worth catching her and taking a look inside the beak for any signs of mucous, lesions, canker or white/yellow plagues.

I hope all continues to go well for you.

Glad that she is back to normal!
I would monitor her for a few days. If you notice her doing that again, it would be worth catching her and taking a look inside the beak for any signs of mucous, lesions, canker or white/yellow plagues.

I hope all continues to go well for you.
Will do! Thank you so much for your reply, I was getting worried!

Back
Top Bottom