Hen with gut issues and wry neck

Why neck I call when their heads are flipped back on their back or twitching from side to side.However that's one sick hen.I been away from fowl a while and have good and bad days.When I'm sharp like yesterday but not today .I'm certain someone may shed light and may help you.I had a lot to loose from sickly fowl and culled a lot.Bigger the operation less time you have to deal with some things.However I wish you the best.Prop Toe

Chickens like Orpingtons aren’t readily available in my area. I only have 4 now… or really just 3 and a half, looking at how sick that girl is.

She’s been in my living room for 6 weeks now, she’s almost part of the furniture! I’ll just keep on doing what I’m doing and hope for the best.

But it is very draining having to force feed her every couple of hours.

I would bet your hen has tumors and now her organs are shutting down. The end is close for her.

I know how much you've done for this hen, but I think the kindest thing now would be to euthanize her. Cervical dislocation is quick and painless and most human of all methods. https://the-chicken-chick.com/how-to-humanely-euthanize-chicken-by-dr/
I was afraid that might be it… some tumour somewhere… she waxes and wanes so much and I’ve given her antibiotics, antifungals, dewormed her… thrown the entire pharmacy at her.

I don’t think I could do the deed myself. I’ll look for a vet who is confident enough to make it quick and painless.

Thanks for replying.

Back
Top Bottom