Hen with milky diarrhea, loses balance and falling back onto hocks

Pics
Silkie is not a good choice as they are particularly susceptible to Marek's. I'm not sure getting a new bird would be a good idea anyway. They would be at risk and could also bring disease/infection with them and your Marek's bird is vulnerable to infection due to a likely compromised immune system and if she dies, you are then left with a single "alien" hen to try to integrate into your flock. That would be a lot of extra stress for no real gain.
Hope you can keep her interest in food and she can turn the corner with this.

Silkie is not a good choice as they are particularly susceptible to Marek's. I'm not sure getting a new bird would be a good idea anyway. They would be at risk and could also bring disease/infection with them and your Marek's bird is vulnerable to infection due to a likely compromised immune system and if she dies, you are then left with a single "alien" hen to try to integrate into your flock. That would be a lot of extra stress for no real gain.
Hope you can keep her interest in food and she can turn the corner with this.

You are right... I am just reaching for ideas unfortunately.

WOW one of my quails just died! There was another dead one about 6 weeks ago, but I thought it was heat stroke. Maybe it was actually Marek's going between quails and chickens. This...is...crazy...

I would like to close this thread on a positive note. It feels like it's been forever! but the bird has pretty much made a full recovery. She's eating, pooping, and flying, like a normal chicken! Last week she even outran a stray dog who broke into her pen! Well actually she did not have to outrun the dog, she only had to outrun her buddy :( Anyways she is back to free ranging with the flock. Maybe the disease will come back later, but, I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom