Hens or Roos?

Ok thanks everyone! I was almost positive the red was a cockerel but the white one still is on the fence for me he/she's waddles are so much bigger than the other hens and so bright red but the comb and rest of the face are still on the pink side so here's to hoping for a hen but preparing for a roo!

Quote: My leghorn started looking a little roo-ish in the comb when she was younger, but she is VERY much a hen. She lays eggs daily now (and I have actually witnessed and captured on camera). If you can, get a full body profile shot, and get a tail shot to look at. It looks like it may be a pullet.

My leghorn started looking a little roo-ish in the comb when she was younger, but she is VERY much a hen. She lays eggs daily now (and I have actually witnessed and captured on camera). If you can, get a full body profile shot, and get a tail shot to look at. It looks like it may be a pullet.

Ok I will try tomorrow afternoon. She's a thick girl (like the red roo) compared to the other white pullet (she's not the friendliest of the bunch either) which I've heard that about her breed. I could be wrong but the list my girls were chosen from did not include leghorns. We just chose assorted brown egg layers and the only one that fit the bill for her on that list I believe is a white rock.

Quote: I didn't mean to imply yours was a leghorn. Mine is and I was sharing the experience. I was really worried she was a roo because her comb was larger than the others. Now that she's laying eggs her comb is big and flops over her eye half the time lol. I swear, if I didn't witness her lay eggs myself I'd be inclined to think she was a rooster, she's chill for the most part, but definitely high up in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom