Hens or Roosters ??

deep south chic

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 16, 2013
Mississippi
frow.gif
Hello I am new to having chickens and to BYC. My husband and I have gotten some pullets locally.It seems to me we may have gotten all roosters?? If anyone can help me figure this out I would be so
bow.gif
grateful.Also tell me the best way to tell how to tell a hen and a roo apart when they are pullets.We live in the city so we are not suppose to have any roosters. Alto I have kept my fav a olive egg rooster hid lol
gig.gif
Silly I know he just so dang purity and sweet.The pics I am posting are of the 4 chickens I have questions about.3 BLRW and a blue orp.The lightest one of the BLRW is the only one I think could be a hen.

Little bit in the pic above is the only one I think is a hen.Is it still to soon to tell??

I am pretty sure this one in top pic is a roo but a friend said it maybe a hen

this one above also the one in the bottom pic

We thought we got a breeding pair but they both have started to look alike.

Thanks so much for any help.I am looking for ward to any knowledge yall can share.

Little bit looks like he is getting those red rooster patches on his shoulders also, you might try to get a better side shot, kind of hard to tell in those pictures, agree the two bigger blues are definitely boys.

Thank you for your help and the warm welcome
smile.png
.I will try to get some better pics of little bit (the light hen) and the blue orp.I am thinking the orp maybe a roo too because of the tail feathers.Just from what I seen on the internet.. any thoughts on it??

I think your wyandottes are all boys, sorry. Even the cute little splash one.

The blue orp looks female at this point, but some orps'll fool you, they mature awful slow. How old are these birds?

Back
Top Bottom