Here are my feathered kids out in the yard...PIC HEAVY***

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
I went out with the camera yesterday and I got lots of new pics of my chickens running around in the yard. I just wanted to share some of the pics of my birds and my kids with the birds.

Here is my daughter Emily with her Silkie girl Holly:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_015.jpg

Here are some of my birds scratching around:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_039.jpg

Here is my handsome Sebright mix boy Pepsi. I love this pose because I caught him in midstep and he looks like he's dancing:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_053.jpg

Here is my handsome Silkie boy Hector. He stopped and let me get a picture of him. He is such a sweet boy!:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_055.jpg

Here is my daughter holding our Cuckoo Maran boy Mystery. He's a BIG boy, isn't he?:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_098.jpg

Here is my girl Sir. For a long time we thought she was a boy. We were wrong, but by the time we figured it out, the name had stuck, and she answers to it. Isn't she beautiful?:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_118.jpg

Here is one of Araucauna girls, Sprinkle. She stopped dead in her tracks when I called her name and looked dead on at the camera. She's suppose to be purebred. Anyone think she is? She's suppose to lay blue eggs. She has a sister, Twinkle. Both are skittish but very gentle.:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_239.jpg

Here are some of my Bantam Buff Orington boys sunbathing. A RIR boy tried to get in on the deal too, lol:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_179.jpg

And lastly, here is my handsome boy Abner. He's my Bantam Splash Cochin rooster. In the Spring I'll be selling his eggs. I think he is gorgeous:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_171.jpg

That's just a few of the 300+ pics I took yesterday. I hope everyone enjoys these!

I know what you mean! I am so attached to mine it's ridiculous!

I just got my little niece a silky for her birthday-are they as loveable as they look? She is young and I want her to have a "lap chicken".

Quote:
Mine aren't snuggle bugs but they are gentle and they don't run when we're near them like some chickens do. Maybe that's cause of all the fluff covering their eyes? Lol. But I have 3 and they are all sweethearts. Hector tolerates the snuggling more than the girls do, but generally the boys just do. But I love them and want more in other colors. I love the white but they are soooooooo hard to keep clean!

Aww, those are terrific pics! That bantam cochin rooster in the last pic is really neat coloring.
love.gif

Here are a few more pics:

Here is my 10 yr old DD with one of the Mottled Cochins we got from ShellyD at the Indianapolis Chickenstock on August 1st. They are such wonderfully sweet birds. This here is the hen, Pebbles:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_194.jpg

Here is another pic of my boy Abner and my little Frizzle Cochin pullet Q-Tip. Q-Tip needs a bath, I know...:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_222.jpg

This is Dora, one of our Bantam Splash Cochin hens:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_238.jpg

Here is my Turken boy Ollie. I thought he was so ugly when we first got him, but he has grown on me. I think he's a good looking guy now. As far as Turkens go that is!:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_274.jpg

And here is one of my two Silkie hens. It's most likely Holly, but it could be Heidi
tongue.png
I'll be selling Silkie eggs come Spring too as well as other Cochin colors like White, Mottled, Barred, and some Frizzle mixes:

29191_sept_102009_new_kitten_finley_and_a_giant_mushroom_301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom