Here comes the FLOOD!

We are supposed to crest tonight into the morning.
I am amazed at how much water we have here as well... many boat docks are completely under.
Storm damage has been horrible (lost part of my roof, two bedroom ceilings and the floor in one.... was up fixing horse fence at 4am one day)

Glad my house and barn are on higher land... the roads look like all of your pics.

Hope the gators don't move North.... Sorry, trying to add some humor to the devastation.

My sisters old neighborhood in Huntsville, AL is GONE... completely GONE....

Hope everyone is safe.... we have a reprieve from the rain for a few days, but the blowing of the darn didn't help the ground water.

Take care... I am in there with you.

I am in north central arkansas. Our river is up, but not nearly as much as I had expected. Your description of your place sounds like DH's uncles camp we spent the weekend at in South Louisiana on the river swamps. In by boat and out by boat with alligators under the porch and fishing on it all while having the luxuries of home including tv and air conditioning. I loved it and wanted to move there until I saw the water marks on the walls from Katrina. It was a 2 bedroom fully furninshed HOUSE on stilts with a dock and water all around it. Hope the water stays at a manageable level for ya'll and that everything goes okay. BTW where are the goats when the pen is underwater?

Last edited:
Here is a satellite map of the area. The "annex" as we call it is about 3 miles from the house. Of Course, if the levee breaks, it goes under too!

10901_sat_map.jpg

Keep the pics coming! Glad you got all the critters and such safe. Don't forget your life vests. Soon Janine and Pat will be down there with their scuba gear.
smile.png

Here are some of today's photos. This morning about 6:30

10901_beulah_house_5.jpg

and here is coming in to the welcoming committee at the Mosquito Beach House.

10901_homecoming.jpg
10901_mosquito_beach_house.jpg

And this evening's picture about 7:30 a little different angle but you can stil see thd change in the water level.

10901_beulah_house_6.jpg

A.T. Hagan :

Seems like a strong sign that particular area isn't a good place to live. Hope your damage is minimal and the water goes down soon.

Some people just don't get it. Hang in there, a little bad is worth all the good.​

Back
Top Bottom