Here comes the FLOOD!

Quote:
Hi! I'm her daughter. They quit going in several days ago so nothing really to post. Today was the official "crest" day which would have put about 2.5 ft in the house. If I remember right it was gonna hold at this level for a day or two then begin falling slowly. With them opening the flood gates down in south LA I'm not sure how much faster it'll let this water fall but all we can do is wait and see.

Hi Jen!
frow.gif

I have been reading this for the last few days-I somehow missed it before! I really think once this is all past you should write a book (with LOTS of pictures!) of your experience! It has been interesting reading and especially following the picture diary! I hope your house holds up well and that you can soon start to dry off and move back in!
hugs.gif

I just cant even imagine what i would do ... cant even imagine. My thoughts are with you all... and everyone else in your boat down there...
hugs.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Hi! I'm her daughter. They quit going in several days ago so nothing really to post. Today was the official "crest" day which would have put about 2.5 ft in the house. If I remember right it was gonna hold at this level for a day or two then begin falling slowly. With them opening the flood gates down in south LA I'm not sure how much faster it'll let this water fall but all we can do is wait and see.

Kass, I'm so sorry your mom has to go through this! What a wonderful spirit she has! Please let us know if there's anything she needs. I think about their situation often.

Near my place, the Saline river came up well over the boat docks that I take the dogs to, and up into the parking area at Peeler Bend. I went down there once when it was starting to flood, and the road in was flooded enough (the road was flooded going in, the river wasn't out of the riverbed yet at that point) I didn't go back for a while. I took the dogs swimmin for the first time since the floods started on the 11th and the water was still unusually high because that is a low area. My "tall" Lab had to swim across the middle, which was only up to my waist, but it's not normally that high. It was interesting to see all the places it had been and things it had moved around. For example, there used to be 3-55gal drums directly across from the boat dock that had "no trespassing" painted on them -- 2 are missing now and the remaining one is 3/4 buried in sand/gravel. The guy who owns the property had a fence, gate and BBQ grill on his property - the remnants of the gate are there but the fence is gone and the BBQ grill is no where to be found. There's a good sized gumball tree down on that side too. And that's just what I could see from the boat dock area. There is mostly pasture land around the river though, so that's where the water goes.

I have enjoyed reading this thread. It's interesting to see, even though I'm sure it's hard living it. Wishing you all the good thoughts in the world!!!

I do not think the annex has internet and Jen's shop is closed on Sunday and Monday. So Jen may not be on until Tuesday.

We were to get more storms in SE Arkansas over the weekend, but it turned out pretty. Thank the Lord for that!

Jen's place is about 20-30 miles up-river from Greenville.

http://www.monticellolive.com/flood-update/

The predicted crest of the Mississippi River in Greenville is expected on Monday.

Phone calls earlier today confirm that the “patrol, control, and maintain” efforts seem to be working, as the river’s rising water levels have slowed down, as shown in the graph above, which is taken from the Corps of Engineers website, showing less that 1/4 inch rise over the past 24 hours.

Judge Mark McElroy told MonticelloLive, earlier today, that there has been a slight drop in the river’s level in Desha County.

Crews from several agencies are still searching for any areas on or near the levee for any locations that need special attention, as long as there is s potential flooding possibility.​

Prayers here. I can't imaging how it is for everyone there. I truly hope they do come to us with a list of stuff they may need, I would be only too happy to send anything. I am sure everyone here on BYC is feeling as helpless as I do and it would make me feel better being able to contribute.

I picked up some of Jen's Buckeyes through a swap, and that's my only connection to her.... But it is amazing how much she has been in my thoughts.
sad.png

I don't see any TV news and she has really made this flooding real and personal to me. Like others have said, I would like to help.

Back
Top Bottom