HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

I will hopefully be setting mine on Friday, this is my first hatch and I am really nervous, lol.

Welcome to the group. Where in South Florida? I am in Central,FL. on the Gulf Coast. This will be my third hatch. My first hatch was 7 Barred Rocks. They are turning 4 weeks old this weekend. Hatch #2 -6 RIR eggs- are due this Friday/Saturday. This hatch wasn't as nerve racking as the first but I can tell you once you go into lock down they come right back.

You can count me in ;-) That is if you don't mind me being two days ahead? I set 14 of my barnyard mix eggs and 2 of my daughters Japanese bantam eggs. I'm not sure how many of my barnyard eggs will hatch seeing that 8 of them came from a nest I found in the woods from a hen that I have had no success hatching her eggs before. But I will keep my fingers crossed.

Talked to a lady who wants some EE's Found a lady for her who has Ameruancanas so might be adding more eggs next Thursday to the ones due to come USPS today.
Chomping at the bit to call the post office see if the LO's came in this morning ..but its just 7;50am!!! EEERRR.
Hatch day tomorrow for my LO;s and have 4 star cracks this morning so hope they all get done so i can put the new ones in tomorrow sometime
Well probably will have to fire up the other bator for a day.
Tricky today and SAt reminants of Isaac are coming in to Mo right at us already light rain (we need it) but really heavy later today and tomorrow.
PLEASE NO OUTAGES NO TORNADOES!!! Im not worried about floods like down south b/c i am on a plateau area and no rivers or even streams close by .
ONLY WIND! eeeek

I have 6 local eggs here from a friends flock to set. I hatched 100% of the ones that went to lockdown last time. I'm trying to see if I can figure out what went wrong last time.

Set 10 Araucana eggs today. I bought 5 fertile eggs ($1 each) and the other 5 the lady gave to me to try and hatch. She didn't think they would do anything because the hen just started laying a few weeks ago.

Also bought 3- 5 day old chicks. 2 Araucanas (one black and one lavender) and a mixed Brahma (buff colored) they will keep my singleton chick from this last hatch company.

Set 10 Araucana eggs today. I bought 5 fertile eggs ($1 each) and the other 5 the lady gave to me to try and hatch. She didn't think they would do anything because the hen just started laying a few weeks ago.

Also bought 3- 5 day old chicks. 2 Araucanas (one black and one lavender) and a mixed Brahma (buff colored) they will keep my singleton chick from this last hatch company.
AWWE a little friend!!great . That will be interesting to see since they ust started laying

Hi, I'd like to join too please. Just ordered 12 eggs (6 white Pekin and 6 Lemon Sabelpoot) which should arrive Tuesday 5th. Had 6 babies out of 17 hatch last week from my previous attempt.
Hope to get a better percentage this time as I've learnt so much over the last 4 weeks from everyone on here and their experiences.

Back
Top Bottom