HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

i told her to surprise me... I got a bit carried away and almost asked for s shipping boxes full. But honestly... what would i do with ALL THOSE chickens...lol

I got a full box from her....I got 29 eggs total.
celebrate.gif
. Great seller. I want more from her.

and to add to nervousness & anxiety of pending hatches - bad weather here severe thundertorms, Tornadoe warnings etc. What the $%^& am I going to do if we lose power!!!!!!!!
hu.gif

No really, what can I do if this happens at this point in the lockdown w/piping starting?

I went to Walmart and bought a power converter (inverter?) that plugs into the car lighter just in case something like this happens. I can plug the bator into the converter and it will run just fine. You have to make sure you get one that has enough power because they come in all different sizes.

HELLO my name is Roxanne And i am aHATCH A HOLIC. I need someone to ban me from Ebay hatching egg auctions, from BYC hatching eggs and any other hatching site. b/c although it will be getitng cold ...i was on them both and LOOKING today !!!
I dont know why but for the last month or 2 when thinking of ordering more i keep picturing Jim Carry in the movie The MASK when he says "Somebody STOP ME!!"Thats me.So i need someone to come break my fingers so i cant type on here or give me a lobotomy ....something!!Until spring anyway

Hi Roxanne. I am a hatch-a-holic also. I am seriously looking at getting at least 2 more hatches in. I really want Heritage RIR's and after only getting 1 from my last hatch I want more!!! My Barred Rocks have turned out to be 3 boys and 4 girls (1 of the girls is still questionable...lol.) I really wanted the BR's for their eggs and 3 or 4 girls is not going to cut it.

I went to Walmart and bought a power converter (inverter?) that plugs into the car lighter just in case something like this happens. I can plug the bator into the converter and it will run just fine. You have to make sure you get one that has enough power because they come in all different sizes.

I have one inverter just to save me in case I loose power while incubating. Peace of mind for me.

My
roll.png
look like this I must of checked my eggs 1000 plus times already my carpet has my foot prints imbedded in it got a night shift tonight so at least I carn't check the eggs then hmmmm can text the other half to check them tho and I'm also going to glue my hands together so I carn't get the temptation to go back into the incubator
wink.png

I have a roll of duct tape I can send you.
gig.gif

I Know exacty how you feel. Said I wasn't going to get anymore during the winter BUT yes me too been looking the last couple of days. Figure if I find some right now, get shipped, should have just as these are finishing up hatching today through Wed.

P.S. did just take about an hour nap - 2 pips now, latest is one of 10 blk. australorps.
Plus - confirmations on 9 starter bantam cochins from two different breeders received today - should be here tomorrow. So, if all goes well with hatchings, shipped starters & existing chickens in 24hrs I will have gone from 32 to 57 chickens in, once again, 3 MONTHS! All in the age ranges of a day old to none over 5 months old!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif

How exciting!!! This thread is really going to get rolling in the next couple of days.

By the way....I told a few days ago this was my last hatch of shipped eggs this year...and guess what??? I was wrong!!!!!... I won a swap and I am getting araucana eggs.
wee.gif
I only hope with the time it get less stressful. The incubation and hatching is great but also full of stress.

By the way....I told a few days ago this was my last hatch of shipped eggs this year...and guess what??? I was wrong!!!!!... I won a swap and I am getting araucana eggs. :weee I only hope with the time it get less stressful. The incubation and hatching is great but also full of stress.

I am interested to know how the swap works?

Back
Top Bottom