HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

I went to Walmart and bought a power converter (inverter?) that plugs into the car lighter just in case something like this happens. I can plug the bator into the converter and it will run just fine. You have to make sure you get one that has enough power because they come in all different sizes.
A couple hatches ago someone had to take a trip and it fell on lockdown.
They used that car converter and drove with the eggs hatching for some hours!! First time iwever heard of on the road hatching.!

Hi Roxanne. I am a hatch-a-holic also. I am seriously looking at getting at least 2 more hatches in. I really want Heritage RIR's and after only getting 1 from my last hatch I want more!!! My Barred Rocks have turned out to be 3 boys and 4 girls (1 of the girls is still questionable...lol.) I really wanted the BR's for their eggs and 3 or 4 girls is not going to cut it.
Welll at least its warm down there. I would keep buying if i lived in Florida. (lucky i dont) I know what you mean. I got that one Black part english orp and really want blue and splash too bad...LOVE to gets some just cant unless i want chicks in my bathroom all winter.... dont think i want that.Guess will bite my nails untli March and then order some more.BBS!!! HOpe for blue or [plash....

Bare with me, it's going to be a very long night. So glad I have hardwood floors are I would be wearing a path in the carpet. Watching The Voice and running to the incubator every commercial break!
Weather still in check at the moment but "watches" still be out.

By the way....I told a few days ago this was my last hatch of shipped eggs this year...and guess what??? I was wrong!!!!!... I won a swap and I am getting araucana eggs.
wee.gif
I only hope with the time it get less stressful. The incubation and hatching is great but also full of stress.

I am hatching Araucana's this weekend. I just spoke with the woman I bought the eggs from because I was worried about the double tuft gene (it is fatal to chicks at day 18) and she told me that none of my chicks will have the double gene because all of her hens are clean faced. I originally only wanted RIR and Barred Rocks for the eggs. As I started seeing the blue, green and dark brown eggs of other breeds of chickens I thought it would be neat to have a few of them. I was looking at the Americauna and EE when I came across the Araucana and I just knew this was the breed I wanted. I started my search for eggs (they are expensive) and I was lucky enough to find a woman who lives 10 minutes from me that was selling them.

I put my 20 mixed breed eggs on lock down last night which was day 18. So far today I have 1 hatched, 1 zipping, and 6 more pipped.
yippiechickie.gif
It's only day 19 ????
celebrate.gif
The ones that are hatching are the smallest eggs . None of the larger eggs have pipped yet. I have a big glass of wine and I am prepared to be totally sleepless tonight.
woot.gif
It's like Christmas, when one hatches it's a guessing game as to what breed it is
hu.gif

Bare with me, it's going to be a very long night. So glad I have hardwood floors are I would be wearing a path in the carpet. Watching The Voice and running to the incubator every commercial break!
Weather still in check at the moment but "watches" still be out.

I remember staying up until 4am with my first hatch. The high lasts for a few days and you really can't get a good nights sleep until that last egg hatches.

I put my 20 mixed breed eggs on lock down last night which was day 18. So far today I have 1 hatched, 1 zipping, and 6 more pipped.
yippiechickie.gif
It's only day 19 ????
celebrate.gif
The ones that are hatching are the smallest eggs . None of the larger eggs have pipped yet. I have a big glass of wine and I am prepared to be totally sleepless tonight.
woot.gif
It's like Christmas, when one hatches it's a guessing game as to what breed it is
hu.gif

It is like Christmas. All the wonderful surprises that come with each egg hatched.

i happen to look through the window on the incubator and my amercaunas green egg is shaking i dont know if i should stay up or not.. do u think it will be long?r should i stay up? it was due tomorrow someone give me some advice please? it hasnt pip yet that i can see.

anyone please
lau.gif

Last edited:
I had some moving around yesterday, they haven't pipped yet, but still moving around some. It could be awhile before you see any pips. I should add that these were my bigger eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom