HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

I dont know about this hatch.zLast night went to bed humidity was 56 so didnt add water....this morning...21!!!!If these last 3 poor eggs havent dried up the chick I dont know.Lock today so will see Friday.

Looks like more rain is coming your way. I hope things don't get too bad for you. The one thing I have learned with each batch of eggs I hatch is that every one of them is different. I have gained so much experience with each one I do. I have dealt with wryneck, spraddle leg, hernias and pipping on the wrong end. I now know what to do and not do in each case. 

Question for you : I put one of my eggs upside down by mistake - both sides are really pointy and I put it wrong end up in the turner. Chick was growing, but it was VERY evident at day11 that it was the wrong way round so I just turned the egg around and hoped for the best. At day 14 chick is still going strong. Did I do the right thing? Should I expect something different if chick makes if to hatch day?

well, I have a pip this morning in my PR Game fowl x EE egg. This was home layed.. :)

I hatched one yesterday and I have one more to hatch tomorrow...

I have been sneaking the eggs under mom each night. She has no clue she wakes up with a new chick. The siblings are only a few days older...so it isn't that bad.

I think no one is up yet cause they were all up late watching eggs...lol

well, I have a pip this morning in my PR Game fowl x EE egg. This was home layed.. :)

I hatched one yesterday and I have one more to hatch tomorrow...

I have been sneaking the eggs under mom each night. She has no clue she wakes up with a new chick. The siblings are only a few days older...so it isn't that bad.

I think no one is up yet cause they were all up late watching eggs...lol
LOL. Seems that way.

Question for you : I put one of my eggs upside down by mistake - both sides are really pointy and I put it wrong end up in the turner. Chick was growing, but it was VERY evident at day11 that it was the wrong way round so I just turned the egg around and hoped for the best. At day 14 chick is still going strong. Did I do the right thing? Should I expect something different if chick makes if to hatch day?
I think the egg will be fine. It's during the final few days when they are turning into hatching position that it would make a difference if any difference at all.

What should my eggs be doing ? I've read people saying theres are rolling all over the place or are eggs in lockdown normally still till the hatching process starts ie piping etc I'm not sure if I've heard like a scraping sound coming from the incubator and I'm not sure sure if I heard chirping from inside my incubator is abit noisy so I'm not 100% sure

What should my eggs be doing ? I've read people saying theres are rolling all over the place or are eggs in lockdown normally still till the hatching process starts ie piping etc I'm not sure if I've heard like a scraping sound coming from the incubator and I'm not sure sure if I heard chirping from inside my incubator is abit noisy so I'm not 100% sure
What time and day did you set your eggs? Did you candle before you put them into lock down? Not all eggs roll around. If you put your ear against the incubator you may or may not hear chirping. It is very distinct and you will know if you hear it. I actually play Youtube videos of chicks hatching and chirping when my eggs are in lock down to encourage them to hatch...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom