Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

I started nine eggs on 2/23. I have six Sebbies and one utility Troulouse and two brown Chinese in my still air hovabator. I love the spreadsheet idea. I recorded my eggs and their weights in a notebook and numbered each egg so I could keep track of them as they lost weight.

Littledear, I can't wait to see pics of your babies when they hatch a week ahead of ours! It will certainly add to our anticipation!

Good deal, Sue... you can be the first in our group to set eggs today.

Today is the big day.
big_smile.png
My eggs should arrive around noonish (I hope!), which means I will set them between 8-10pm MST tonight. I will weigh and mark each egg according to Pete's guide and post notes & pics when I'm done.

Good news!!! My toulouse eggs arrived!!
celebrate.gif

Bad news!!!! My african eggs from Celtic did NOT arrive and I have no tracking information on them.
sad.png

Not sure if I should go ahead and set the toulouse eggs tonight or wait until tomorrow in hopes the african eggs show up. Are the incubation lengths the same? Celtic's african eggs hatched on day 30 last time.

It hasn't been long into development, but I candled one egg yesterday. I could definitely see the tiny little embryo and veins. The white shells are a huge help when it comes to candling duck and goose eggs.

My toulouse eggs are marked, weighed, and settling on my kitchen counter. Temp is probably barely 70 in there with a drop to upper 60s at night. In hopes that my african eggs arrive tomorrow, I decided to set the toulouse eggs tomorrow morning. Is the kitchen counter a good place for them to sit until I set them?

Weights are: 165g, 170g, 196g, 196g, and 219g.

Hi everyone,
Sad that only part of your eggs arrived Iain, hopefully tommarrow
fl.gif
I have mine weighed and marked, I keep a note pad over by the bator then transfer everything to my computer.
Yay for development Stacykins!
celebrate.gif

poultryfan73 are your Pilgim geese protective over the gander? Lucy and Ethel stay between me and Fred and Fred can never get a word in, the girls are too chatty!

Good morning! I am not so hopeful that my african eggs will arrive. They appear lost in transit according to tracking records. If they don't arrive, Celtic said she would re-ship, so I may find myself with staggered hatches. In the meantime, I will set my toulouse eggs this morning and hope they have good fertility.
fl.gif

Stacy, congrats on your eggs developing!!
Poultry, if they are due next week, you should be able to tell easily if they have developed by candling them.

Celtic's eggs are at my post office!!!!!! They will be delivered here in a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Hi All

Catching up on all your posts and progress. Our Africans stopped laying but we have a Dewlap stating so I may set some eggs tomorrow
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom