Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Ok I got a digital scale today and weighed my eggs and got them all set upright in the Hovabator.
Egg #1 weighs 151 g
Egg #2 weighs 146 g
Egg #3 weighs 143 g
Egg #4 weighs 158 g
Egg #5 weighs 132 g

Celtic is suppose to be checking with her friend to see exactly which egg is what. And then next week I should receive the rest of my eggs from Celtic. Gotta cram eggs in the 2 incubators I have. Gonna be tight but I think I can do it.

Oh wow we are getting a good group all setting eggs at about the same time. Pete, when do I start misting and cooling my eggs? My humidity is at 35% and I set my eggs on the 22nd and 24th of Feb.

Hello all!
frow.gif

wow we're growing!

Pete - ty for answering... i was cooling but not that long.. so I started tonight and removed the water... humidity now down to 20-25%

DG - My mom use to hate geese she said she grew up with a mean white one. BUT I got Pligrims for Valentines day and she loves them, even feeds them before I get out to the pen some times and is always talking to them.

Hi all. I checked my Toulouse eggs for problem air cells tonight. I found one with a wonky cell, but not totally detached. I went ahead and propped it up. I can't believe what I saw... All 5 looked to be very much alive and I even saw the beginnings of spiders in 2. How is this possible? I only set them 36 hours ago! I will be dancing from the rooftop if all 5 eggs take off strong!

Marty1876- The duck eggs are pekin mixes and the geese are toulouse. :)

I candled them all tonight and they're air cells have all gotten bigger (just a little) AND when candling one of the duck eggs I saw a very nice embryo! YAY!!
wee.gif
yesss.gif

They are 8 days into incubation, and are due March 23, when are yours due? :)

Well, I don't have goose eggs yet, hopefully next week. My turkey eggs go lockdown next Wed. My Giant pekings have only been baking a week now. I have quial come out every two weeks pretty much. Next lot due next weekend/monday or so.

I've got so many eggs coming that I've bought a new bator! Glad I ordered the large egg turner. The giant peking eggs are almost as big as goose. In fact, when I put them in the duck turner, one was so big it fell out when it turned the first time!! (Poor egg) Its gonna be a tight fit!

Oh wow you have a lot going on! I autually had to buy another incubator for my geese eggs because my brinsea 20 Eco is full of chicken eggs.
Would it be okay to move the geese and duck eggs into the Brinsea once the chicken eggs have hatched?

Last edited:
Oh wow you have a lot going on! I autually had to buy anoth incubator for my geese eggs because my brinsea 20 Eco is full of chicken eggs.
Would it be okay to move the geese and duck eggs into the Brinsea once the chicken egs have hatched?

I'm not familiar with Brinseas... I'd say you could move any egg to any incubator, one you've cleaned it excessively between hatches. (If they hatch where they incubate, it contamintates the area, and could adversly effect your next brood (ie kill the eggs). Once your chicks hatch, stearilize, rinse, warm, introduce new eggs. If its big enough, I'd go for it.

Anyone familiar w/ this incubator know differently??

Okay thank you!

The Brinsea works like a dream, it holds tempatures amazingly, and humidity. I barely have to fiddle with it besides adding water because it turns the eggs automacticly. We got it off Craigslist used for 60$!

The goose eggs are in a Little Giant bator, and I think they would do better in my Brinsea.

Last edited:
Good morning! I did my 36 hour air cell check on my africans this morning. I found 2 more wonky air cells so they are now propped upright with my 1 toulouse egg. But like my toulouse eggs, I am already seeing development in my africans too! This is going to be AWESOME if I have all 10 goosies develop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I use an LG. Not sure why it has a bad rap? I keep both of mine in a spare bathroom with door closed... and I don't have to adjust the temps as they stay nice and steady.

Back
Top Bottom