Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Evening all, ducklings are hatching, Sebbies are internally pipped, and trying to internally pip. Milo is doing wonderfully in the brooder with the first ducklings.

Hubby is still in the hospital from yesterday so I am pooped after doing the chores, kids, farm orders, kids, dinner, hospital run, back home, chores, bath and bed ect. Will hopefully know more tomorrow on what's going on and when he might maybe get to come home.

Evening all, ducklings are hatching, Sebbies are internally pipped, and trying to internally pip. Milo is doing wonderfully in the brooder with the first ducklings.
Hubby is still in the hospital from yesterday so I am pooped after doing the chores, kids, farm orders, kids, dinner, hospital run, back home, chores, bath and bed ect. Will hopefully know more tomorrow on what's going on and when he might maybe get to come home.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hope it all works out soon... I hate Hubbies being sick
sad.png

No kidding! IS there ever enough? SIince this one has gone well, DH is more interested in building my a cabinet one for my birthday. I'm gonna go buy him the plans for converting our old fridge to a nice view in cabinet bator. Its not that i need so much room (usually), its more that I have a plethera of hatch times, and its inconvenient with small bators. I'm always disturbing somebody!

I dont think so and this is my first ever hatch
big_smile.png
and I'm already looking for MORE things to hatch!!! Hubby is designing me a bigger incubator so I can use the LG as a hatcher. We figure it needs 2 shelves. I hope thats enough
hide.gif
He's getting as bad or worse then I am
th.gif

update on Squishy

Celtic, hope your hubby gets better soon. It has got to be hard for all of you.

Sue, excellent pip! Can't wait to see a hole next!

I candled the goose eggs, and the air sacs look perfect. I have them in a cool room, with high humidity, and I'm turning every 12. They are under pretty ideal storage conditions, so I'll wait for now. Your eggs and mine will all be ok, thus is life.

We know they are fresh, so that'll help. They are packed in such a way, that it is unlikely they will be injured by being "upside down", they are in a nest type situatioin, so I think yours will be good. I'll wait for you, at least thats my plan at this point. I'm definately not putting them in tonight- I'm cleaning and sanitizing and reheating the goose and turkey bator. (they both like about 99 degrees, and 40-50% humidity, so good bator buddies.)

yesss.gif
I pack them suckers tight...those are my babies, I don't want them bouncing around...I'm so happy nothing happened to them..
love.gif

hugs.gif

Hi All

Well firstly good luck with getting all your shipped eggs between you and I hope they arrive safely and into your incubators
fl.gif

Sue - great news and now you've GOT TO SIT TIGHT. Squishy will be busy maturing those lungs and absorbing the yolk sac and blood vessels, although no visible progress there's a lot happening inside that egg. Keep your humidity up and fingers crossed. Once hatched he/she will be wobbly for a while and need to dry out. Once in the brooder but still weak on the legs you can offer water by dipping your finger in and placing a drop at the tip of the beak. It'll all help to hydrate him but they soon get going.

Shellie - good luck with your eggs as you've a busy time now with more pipping and hope hubby makes a fast recovery
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom