1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Iain Utah, Feb 26, 2012.

1. psue

psue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    only one LG incubator..... yep changing that soon! humidity staying about 60% over night

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Good morning, goose friends. :)

Sue, congrats on the internal pip!! What is the latest update?

Erin/Celtic/Marty: I did not get my eggs yesterday, but I am on the look out for them to arrive today.

I checked my eggs without spiders this morning. Still not seeing veining on the one toulouse that I thought I saw veining on a few days ago, but it appears to be developing. Is it possible that the embryo is in center of egg and I cannot see it?

As of today, I have 6 clear spiders and 2 hopefuls. Best hope now is to have 8 total (4 each) to develop.... but I'm happy with the 6 developing goosies even if the last two do not get into gear.

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Have two boxes of eggs in transit somewhere. One set from Erin the others are Sebbie. Neither will arrive today even though they should have. Will be Monday before I see them. Called the PO just to make sure they weren't there.

4. Iain Utah

Dec 17, 2011
    DARN IT!! Celtic, after I read your last post I checked the tracking for my eggs. It is doing the same thing as your last set. It shows that it left the acceptance post office for the local IL sorting office.... then nothing.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Iain, seems the PO system is hit and miss with the tracking lately. 5 boxes here 4 coming 1 going. 2 boxes never have updated at all. Those are the 2 not here today. I was going to be pushing it getting them picked up. With hubby still at the hospital and we have customers today at the farm.

Pall of our hatching eggs are held at the PO for pick up so they aren't in the truck bouncing all day.

6. Iain Utah

Dec 17, 2011
    I don't know what is happening. My local post office scans every single shipment when received, so I think it is highly unlikely that the eggs will get here today.

7. psue

Feb 12, 2012
    Squishy is still rocking... I've been out all day with just quick stops in the house. Hubby said he thought he heard something earlier. I'm not to worried at this point... the Guide say upto 24 hours so I'll worry more after dark[​IMG]

It's a shame you guys are having so much trouble with the egg shipments... hope they all arrive unscrambled[​IMG]

8. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Hi Celtic and Iain. [​IMG] I guess this means I'm the only one with eggs. Do you want me to wait until Monday to sit them?? We are a trio...

9. psue

Feb 12, 2012
    SQUISHY IS EX. PIPPED[​IMG] gotta go finish the brooder for the ducks..... later!

10. Iain Utah

Dec 17, 2011
    Marty, I would go ahead and set them, as I worry that fertility goes down with every day they sit around. Celtic is the expert though, and she may say it's ok to wait until Monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by