Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Sue, nice to know I will have a friend to stress over this with when it gets really nerve wracking in the next couple of days!
wink.png

Well, I just added 4 more of my goose's eggs in the bator last night. I stuck some chicken eggs from my neighbor's hens in there too. So we have a full hot-house now lol.

Iain and psue,

It is nice to know that you have a buddy to sweat bullets with. I'm not too far behind the two of you as mine should hatch around the 4th or 5th of April. psue, I think I will try the skunk idea myself it sounds like a winning idea. I also like the individual box method. That was the way my goose eggs from last year were packed. They shipped all the way from Oregon to Arkansas and almost every one hatched, and that was back when I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't weigh, candle, watch humidity, or anything I am doing this year. The only thing I did was bring up my humidity at the end.

Igotgoosed, it does sound like you have a hot house. Your chicken eggs will hatch fast compared to the goose eggs. A friend of mine told me that she had eggs hatch in her dog house without a hen sitting on them just from the heat of the day, so maybe if it gets warm enough in my goose house they will incubate themselves.

Amy's eggs along with mine go in the bator this evening. I candled them today and they all look great. They are weighed, marked, numbered and ready to go.

Good hatches everyone!

Not the best pics... will try to take better ones later tonight when I do my next check on goosies.

African eggs - both showing back shadows. If you look at 1st pic, you will see that there is more darkening than just shadows. This one is closest to internally pipping. One thing I find extremely helpful is to draw a pencil line for air cell on day 21, then it is easier to see the movement into aircell because you have a defined line on egg. Also, if everything goes just right, the baby will externally pip on far right side (fat end facing you) and zip counterclockwise along the day 21 pencil line.

This is my 219 gram toulouse, which is not quite as far along as the africans:

Sue, awesome! Where did your baby punch out of its shell? In aircell?

My front runner african has its beak tip at external pip location this morning. It looks in perfect position. My other african is still in process of internal pipping. They are now in hatcher, but hoping to verify 2nd internal pip before increasing humidity to 75%. Humidity is sitting around 58% currently.

My toulouse eggs are still in the cooker as they look to be at least 12-24 hours behind the africans. 2 of my toulouse eggs have decent shadowing rising up the back. I am hoping my 3rd toulouse will show the normal shadowing soon, because I'm starting to stress a little that it may not turn properly... and I so do not want to have to help it hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom