Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Well, 2 of my ebay eggs have hatched. Heads are out bodies following slowly but surely. I also successfully hatched one of our own eggs. They are all sebbies. I have 2 full drawers of goose eggs a full drawer of call ducks and 24 blue jersey giants. They are all staggered. Next to go in the hatcher is about 3 weeks away for the geese.

Last edited:
I sure hope ya'll are still around when mine start hatching....
hide.gif
I'm a newbie and don't know what to expect!
barnie.gif

expect to stress,lol

Well, 2 of my ebay eggs have hatched. Heads are out bodies following slowly but surely. I also successfully hatched one of our own eggs. They are all sebbies. I have 2 full drawers of goose eggs a full drawer of call ducks and 24 blue jersey giants. They are all staggered. Next to go in the hatcher is about 3 weeks away for the geese.

congrads!

Oh wow, great picture! All of you are doing great! I candled last night and the air cells in my eggs have all dipped and I could see movement in all of them. I could see the baby's beak in two of them, but when my daughter and I listened to them we couldn't hear anything yet. Only a couple more days to go.

I got my email confirmation and my baby chicks have been shipped. Twenty-five Black Star on their way to a new home. I am sooo excited I will have babies coming out of my ears!

It has been a long 24 hours so far... but here is my day 31, 7 am picture update. One baby out... 3 to go!!

Thanks! We are getting there! My African has been moved to his own special brooder box by bator. I worked on one of the Toulouse shells next to head some more, so hoping it was enough for him to finish on his own. The other opened up one has gotten its wing out and can move head ok, so I am not doing anything more for that one at this time. Still hoping the backwards baby will be able to zip on his own. He looks to be positioned right, he just never made the turn to face up into air cell.

Here we have 2 babies... the one hatched at 430 yesterday and the Embden hatched about 8 this morning
Lost the 3rd it never internally pipped. At this point I'm not going to try one that didn't make it that far. Maybe when I've had more experience and/or payed for the eggs.

your baby it a cutie Iain!!! good luck with the ones that your still helping
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Iain and Sue, great looking new babies.

Iain keep up the great work, those Toulouse will be out before you know it.

Just pitched the entire surprise box of Toulouse eggs, not a one was growing. So that is the entire original box in the trash because it never arrived on time, and the entire surprise box in the trash due to failure to even start. PayPal did atleast refund us on the first box after filing a claim though.

Will go back to buying Toulouse eggs from Amy as we had 5/5 grow and hatch, even the one with a wonky air cell. Strong stock=strong eggs=strong hatchlings in my opinion

On a positive note, allow this weekends eggs are done and today is hatcher cleaning day..

Back
Top Bottom