Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Oh that is wonderful. Such great pictures. I have one egg internally pipped. I am glad to hear that Amy's geese are strong stock as I have six of her eggs in the bator on day three. She didn't know if they were Sebbies or Troulouse and I wanted Sebbies so she sent me six so that I would hopefully get three.
I hatched 5/5/5* Toulouse and 4/2/2* Sebbie from Amy in hopes of a splash goose to go with a new splash gander. So yes she has very strong Toulouse geese, and what I am finding to be the norm for shipped Sebbie eggs. *Shipped/grew/hatched Tomorrow is lockdown again for more of our own Sebastopol eggs. Going to be a busy grow out summer before posting juveniles for sale. Iain congrats on being done again.

Thanks! It feels so good to see them all settled in their brooder tank. They are awesome! Thanks again for reassuring me they would all make it!

FYI, I had 5 shipped eggs, 3 grew with good air cells, and 3 hatched. I'd recommend the seller I got these Toulouse eggs from!

Congrats, sista!! Pics??

I have been a delinquent mother. I'll get some posted asap!!

On a side note, I just candled my newest call duck eggs from ebay 15 of 18 are developing. 4 shipped seb eggs out of 4 developing.13 out of 15 shipped Jersey Giant eggs developing. 3 of 5 spotted ebay goose eggs developing. 5 of 6 mixed goose eggs developing. 6 of 7 brown chinese developing. Ok, is it me or is this phenomenal for shipped eggs? I have a bunch more but can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. All of these eggs came from various sellers on ebay.

Last edited:
Sista, oh! You got some of those eBay spotted geese eggs? I can't wait to see how they hatch out!

Littledear, best of luck for a smooth hatching!! :D

Here they are in their post-hatch pen. This is where I keep them until they can walk well and are eating and drinking well. Then they go in the goose brooder.

Sista, oh! You got some of those eBay spotted geese eggs? I can't wait to see how they hatch out!
Littledear, best of luck for a smooth hatching!!
big_smile.png

I just love those spotteds! I couldn't pass them up. I cannot wait to see how they look. I keep watching more of them, but they are going to have to go cheap since I have so many in the bator.

Sista, I love the look of those spotted geese too, but couldn't find any info on personality. Will be most curious to get reports from you about them!

After a much needed good night's sleep, I feel like a million bucks and have 4 beautiful new babies to show for it!

Thank goodness I have two more lockdown/hatches to continue to build my hatching skills before my precious dewlap babies are scheduled to hatch!

This morning I have three pipped eggs. I am also hoping I get a splash from Amy's eggs. They are very pretty with that type of marking. Sista, I would love to see how your spotted geese come out as well. Congrats on your hatches.
I currently have three bators running. One with high humidity for my external pips, one for the eggs with the internal or no pips, and one that has the eggs on day four with my Sebbie, and Toulouse eggs from Amy that I am looking forward to hatching now that I am getting this hatching business down better. I went to the feed store this morning and picked up more starter for my goslings, chick grit and chick starter for the baby chicks that still haven't arrived yet and a new heat bulb. Then I ran to the grocery store and picked up fresh strawberries to have with my fresh cream for breakfast; along with my coffee.

Sista, I love the look of those spotted geese too, but couldn't find any info on personality. Will be most curious to get reports from you about them!

After a much needed good night's sleep, I feel like a million bucks and have 4 beautiful new babies to show for it!

Thank goodness I have two more lockdown/hatches to continue to build my hatching skills before my precious dewlap babies are scheduled to hatch!

yay for babies AND a good nights sleep
celebrate.gif

This morning I have three pipped eggs. I am also hoping I get a splash from Amy's eggs. They are very pretty with that type of marking. Sista, I would love to see how your spotted geese come out as well. Congrats on your hatches.
I currently have three bators running. One with high humidity for my external pips, one for the eggs with the internal or no pips, and one that has the eggs on day four with my Sebbie, and Toulouse eggs from Amy that I am looking forward to hatching now that I am getting this hatching business down better. I went to the feed store this morning and picked up more starter for my goslings, chick grit and chick starter for the baby chicks that still haven't arrived yet and a new heat bulb. Then I ran to the grocery store and picked up fresh strawberries to have with my fresh cream for breakfast; along with my coffee.

Now that being a great mom... take care of babies AND yourself
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom