Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Three of my four hatched. all three seem fine and he fourth never did anything so I peeked and it was dead in the shell. Never pipped or anything.. Two weeks ago I got one out of six and now three out of four. YEAH!! I pushed the humidity up as close to 80 as I could get it this time since I had so many shrink wrap last time. The one that died was in the air sac and it was not shrink wrapped.. just couldnt get out I guess? All three in the brooder and pooping up a storm! The last one seems weak but it took a LONG time to finally finish hatching. The first two are screaming up a storm but I have not seen either of them walk yet. After my little splayed leg one I am worried till they are up and going. but their legs are under them instead of out to the side at least.. Going to work and hope to have three up and walking by the time I get home.

I woke up to find an external pip on my 3/17!!
celebrate.gif

Marty, I am sooo sorry to hear about sqeeky
hit.gif
hugs.gif
RIP little amigo

Iain, good luck with you dewlaps! I'm sure they will do just fine anyways...they're in really good hands!

Newduckie, congrats on your successful hatchlings!

Newducky: Congrats!!! Sometimes it takes goslings a while to get walking. I bet they will be fine. Pics???

Goosed, that is a beautiful pip!
woot.gif

Three of my four hatched. all three seem fine and he fourth never did anything so I peeked and it was dead in the shell. Never pipped or anything.. Two weeks ago I got one out of six and now three out of four. YEAH!! I pushed the humidity up as close to 80 as I could get it this time since I had so many shrink wrap last time. The one that died was in the air sac and it was not shrink wrapped.. just couldnt get out I guess? All three in the brooder and pooping up a storm! The last one seems weak but it took a LONG time to finally finish hatching. The first two are screaming up a storm but I have not seen either of them walk yet. After my little splayed leg one I am worried till they are up and going. but their legs are under them instead of out to the side at least.. Going to work and hope to have three up and walking by the time I get home.

wee.gif
wee.gif

And 3/19 has great dipping and increased shadows!
big_smile.png

pop.gif
clap.gif

Well, #3, the last hatch was still alive this morning after being pretty weak yesterday. Very vocal. Still can't quite get its legs under it. I got some polyvisol spiked water into it, and hope it does well while I'm gone today. It was having trouble with its eyes yesterday. Wouldn't close it's eyes all the way, and the inner membrane would get gummy to where it's eyes couldn't open/close well. I went in every hour or so and dripped saline on them with a q-tip (couldn't think of what else to do). They are MUCH better today, and baby was focusing on me just fine, so here's to hoping that all's well now. Any idea why they did that? #2, that didn't make it, was the same way. They were both a little preemie, so maybe that had something to do with it?

#1 is doing great. Is best buds with the new little runner, though prefers people. :) The runner throws a hissy fit when I pick up #1. Already attached to her big goose buddy!

Bull, not sure why but sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for eyes to open/close properly and it does sound like they may have been a touch premie. I'm sending positive thoughts that your new baby will gain strength and be just fine this afternoon!

Isn't it precious to see a baby gosling with a baby duckling. I love my pair!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom