Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Yay Iain!!! Your babies will be here soon! Thankfully they are in good hands and will get the help they need
wink.png

Bullcreek, I never let my fresh eggs rest before setting them, and all my hatches so far have been great! I think the concept with letting them rest is for shipped eggs because of being jostled around, but I'm no expert so can't say for sure.

I have no idea Bull.

Alrighty. Thanks, though!

Yay Iain!!! Your babies will be here soon! Thankfully they are in good hands and will get the help they need
wink.png

Bullcreek, I never let my fresh eggs rest before setting them, and all my hatches so far have been great! I think the concept with letting them rest is for shipped eggs because of being jostled around, but I'm no expert so can't say for sure.

Good to hear, goosed! I'll add it to the incubator now. :)

Okay so out of all the eggs I sent to you IAIN, MARTY, JERRY, SOMEONE ELSE?, CELTIC....

How many spidered? How Many hatched????

After you took them out of the bator did you happen to crack them open and see if they were fertilized? Or just scrambled?
hu.gif

Just curious??? As of right now I know their is 10 potentials under one of my broody mommies.. The rest I'm not sure yet
hmm.png

Thanks

Thanks, Iain! Btw, you don't happen to have an opinion on my fresh-laid egg question, do you? As in, should a fresh laid egg rest a day before setting in the bator?

Hi BullCreek, No fresh eggs don't need to rest a day. The sooner they are set, the better. Resting is for shipped eggs, since their air cell gets messed up, letting them set helps get things back to homeostasis for the fertile cell and egg is relies on. Ideally, eggs are set the day they are picked up, but when I'm hatching out my ducklings all summer, I set eggs every 3 days. I choose to rest them small end down, but if they were laid at your place, it doesn't matter much for three days. Just don't let them get too hot to soon.

Here's a picture of "Jiminy". I tried to get one of it standing, but it's so stinkin fast, I couldn't get a clear shot. Baby won't stay still!

He's very cute. I'm sure he'll be up and around without hobbles very soon.

So it appeared that the innermost membrane was badly stuck to egg #2's eyeball. It has a really gummy/sticky texture to it... almost rubbery. So, I ever so carefully worked my qtips on and under that membrane, getting its eye/face free. My goodness it has a huge head!

Pretty sure egg #3 is also stuck to its forehead/eye too, but I am leaving that one alone until next hour check. It's breathing is getting stronger and it's moving its head... so it's good for now. Hoping egg #1 can get further along without my help, but keeping a close eye on that one too.
Good Luck Iain. At least when they've come so far alone you know where they are developmentally. No worries about "oops too soon" at least. I'm sure he'll be here directly.
yesss.gif
I'm interested in developments as they come.

Hi erjin we havent seen any spidering yet but still have hope candle again tonight

Okay so out of all the eggs I sent to you IAIN, MARTY, JERRY, SOMEONE ELSE?, CELTIC....

How many spidered? How Many hatched????

After you took them out of the bator did you happen to crack them open and see if they were fertilized? Or just scrambled?
hu.gif

Just curious??? As of right now I know their is 10 potentials under one of my broody mommies.. The rest I'm not sure yet
hmm.png

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom