Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

we have one embden in the hatcher sleeping now still waiting on his/her siblings
celebrate.gif
pop.gif

love.gif
Congrats!
wee.gif
Yah!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!
What a cutie! Not an African, the beak where it meets the head curves down towards the tip, not diamonds up. Will be interesting to see what it grows into.
Thanks!

Congrats, Julie!!! Precious baby!!! From what I can see in the pic, the beak looks nothing like an african.

I think i'm leaning towards canada, or canada/touslouse mix at this point. Kind of hoping for the latter, just because it would be really interesting to see as it grows.
smile.png

Again, hard to say from the pics... but it doesn't look to have a toulouse beak either. It could be a toulouse cross though.

Here are pictures of Canada geese showing the beaks clearly. Notice how they scoop downwards, almost a crescent shape where the bill meets the head.

27537953.jpg

d13fd658.jpg

African goslings - notice the diamond/triangular up point in the middle where the beak meets the head
e2933611.jpg

And Toulouse. Notice the straight across beak where it meets the head
7f5ace3c.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Paulla setting up brooder and the first one doesnt have the energy we normaly see with embdens

For what it is worth, this is what I would do. Take 6oz glass of water and add 1 drop polyvisol and a dash of sugar. Offer the water mix to the weak one using a soup spoon every 1-2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom