Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.
I rang up the feed store just now and they looked for the treatment for me.
They said they had Verm X treatment, but couldn't find anything else.
I would still like to go down and look for myself, as she didn't sound like she knew even what coccidiosis was (unless I completely failed with the pronunciation!). And at least then I'll be able to check for Amprollium in the labels.
This morning there was another with blood in. It was definitely the other chick. Now I don't know if it's been one chick all along, or, more likely, both.
So now I'm pretty certain it IS coccidiosis, and not shed lining. I wouldn't be expecting it to happen so much within this amount of time.
If there isn't any I'll try to get to the vets tomorrow.
They deal mainly in cattle- if there was one for other animals, not specifically chickens, would I be able to use it?

Just rang the vets and then the pet store. The vets don't deal with chickens, and the pet store only has worming powders.
Starting to panic now.

I was just about to try and find some other places.
I was surprised none out of the three seemed to have it.
I'm going to make a list of the names it could be under and go down to the feed store anyway to check labels.
I'm willing to drive over half the country to find it, but I'm not the one who has to drive! So it's a bit out of my control.
Our nearest town is 20 k away. Maybe we'll be able to find something there.
Thanks for all your replies.

I was just about to try and find some other places.
I was surprised none out of the three seemed to have it.
I'm going to make a list of the names it could be under and go down to the feed store anyway to check labels.
I'm willing to drive over half the country to find it, but I'm not the one who has to drive! So it's a bit out of my control.
Our nearest town is 20 k away. Maybe we'll be able to find something there.
Thanks for all your replies.
Wow I'm sorry about your poor luck. Definitely check the cattle/goat section because that's where I found meds in feed stores around here. I hope you're able to figure something out!

Thanks everyone.
So we went to a agri store in town 20 km away. He didn't have it.
He then directed us to another, smaller shop. A vet supplier. I explained, and then he gave me this.
He didn't even charge me as it was a tiny amount.
Problem is I don't know what treatment it is, so have no idea how much to give. He wasn't very clear.
He gave me 3.5 ml.
He said something about 1ml for two days and then repeat in a week? I was expecting a clear liquid, but it's white.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_163226.jpg
    IMG_20200708_163226.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom