Here's My "Playhouse" Coop!

Bacchus, great job! You aren't by any chance near Tennessee are you? If so, come on down and build me one of those!!!
smile.png

Quote:
That's a good idea, I'll put something in the coop or in the yard so they can roost on while free ranging. Thanks!

Quote:
Thanks! If you're thinking of constructing a similar coop, you can purchase the plan from Dennis (a member of BYC), or you can look at a bunch of different photos posted by members in the Coop Designs page and do what I did.

Quote:
Yes, I used 1"x3"s for the framing, as they're the cheapest I could find. For the base, I used 2"x4"s to help keep it sturdy. Thanks for the comment.

chickensducks&agoose :

Wow. I am totally amazed! Do you have special coop-building skills? where are you located? That blue sky and snowless earth makes me think about new mexico... i am so sick of snow!!! -8 here tonight!

Thanks! I actually don't have any specially building skills at all. This coop is probably the first time I picked up a power tool to build anything, so I'm just your every day yuppy. However, I did take my time to draw out everything carefully before I started working on it, so it helps quite a bit to have everything drawn out and carefully planned.
Good guess... You're pretty close! I'm just 1 state to the left of NM. So yep, blue sky just about all year... and lots of heat too!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom