Here's what my LIVE trap captured a couple nights back!

Quote:
Aww, poor mamma and babies. Glad you didnt kill them.

Me too! Although normally I wouldn't say that. But she has babies!! It's the mama in me. I can't help it.

Excellent live traps you have. May I borrow one to deal with a dachshund sized fox that is giving me fits? I will bake the live trap liver treats.
big_smile.png

Question...do opossums come out during the day? I am worried about leaving my chickens now when I go to work since we had a close call early this morning!
My husband was getting ready for work this morning around 4 am when he heard a ruckus in the coop. He went out to find a opossum in the run chasing the chickens around. He grabbed the closest thing he could (the kids rake I use to clean the coop) and opened the run and starting hitting the opossum which escaped (much to my dismay). This is the second time I have had probelms with a opossum. The first time the girls were about 7-8 weeks old and we lost one (fixed the coop so there were no small places for anything to squeeze in). I know what happened this morning - last night I left the small door in the coop open since it's been so hot, the run is a PVC pipe with chicken wire that doesn't butt up to the coop very well so I know that's how the varmit got in and of course my husband was not very happy with me for not closing the door!! So now I don't want to leave for work worrying that the opossom may come back during the day. I have one live trap that I used when we first had a problem and something would eat the cat food and not set off the trap, tried for several weeks and didn't catch a thing...going to try again with the trap. I was using cat food as bait.

Quote:
She(they) are LCLDs In technical terms Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs, the Louisiana state dog and one of only a few breeds that truely originate from the USA. Here 'round these parts they are coloquially called Catahoulas.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the compliments, the dogs say thanks to all ya'll that like them, they do me real proud and they get rewarded very well for it. Yes Cetawin they love baked liver very much as a matter of fact they like most anything baked or not baked the goofy things eat watermelon, cucumbers, most anything they see me eat they'll eat it.

Level headed, yes, as a matter of fact sometimes they are too smart if you know what I mean sometime all I ask is that they just be dogs their personalities are too realistic sometimes, If I could ever get one to talk we'd have it made in the shade.

I have more pics to share, they deserve to be shown off, well in my book they do.
chickens7-11075.jpg

Scrapper dog very protective of his territory not much gets by him without being alerted on or caught in the act.

chickens7-11074.jpg

Here he's acting all camera shy and stuff,NOT.
smack.gif

chickens7-11080.jpg

My Granny girl, sometimes she acts like a dog most of the time I think she's part human
love.gif

chickens7-11079-1.jpg

BJ looking all happy when wags his tail his whole rump swishes from side to side, He's good medicine, truely mans best friend.
hugs.gif

chickens7-11054.jpg

Lilly she's not mine she's Granny's daughter, BJ's sister and belongs to my best friend Perry, she's a good live trap too.

Back
Top Bottom