Heritage Duck Thread!

There is a dark phase and a light phase. What did they look like when they were younger? I think the light phases are the yellow ones with Mohawk and the darks are the ones that look like mallards. Please don't quote me on this but that is my understanding.

@3bird .... you seem to be knowledgeable about white appleyards and such. I have two I think are white ones, But its confusing. Apparently they are silver, but they look white to me! And nowhere near as dark as the appleyards Ive seen pictures of.....

I wish we were more knowledgable. We've been learning. I agree, it is tres confusing!

There is a dark phase and a light phase. What did they look like when they were younger? I think the light phases are the yellow ones with Mohawk and the darks are the ones that look like mallards. Please don't quote me on this but that is my understanding.
When ours hatched, five had the typical mohawk (I posted a picture above), and two were entirely white/yellow. Now at 5 weeks, the five with mohawks have changed dramatically, but the white ones are exactly the same--no black at all yet. We'll keep you posted.

IMG_6819.JPG I have Silver Appleyards. I have this pair and also 22 eggs in my incubator :) I also have 3 Saxony babies right now as well.

Back
Top Bottom