Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

I have a Delaware ckl that I really like in every way except his comb has side sprigs. My rooster selection is some what limited. If I go ahead and use him is that something that is hard to bred out?

Thank you
Scott

Scott, what is side sprig, and what does it look like?
I really like your new avatar.

Lual

Lual thanks for the complainment. Walt likes that ckl also and I may use him in my breeding program. I guess Brahmabreeder answered your question better then I could. Thanks Brahmabreeder!!

Scott

P.s. Lual is it getting time for you to post some pictures of your NH's?

I was out taking photos for the Cochin thread today and thought I'd post a few Cochin pictures since they are Heritage also. These are some of the birds that will go into breed pens this year. They are still finishing up their molts.
My Black rooster with two White hens. He is still in molt. as you can see from his neck and tail.

Big Blue and a Blue hen. He is still finishing his molt and she is finished.

This is a better photo of Big Blue taken earlier this summer. High Stepper is right behind him.

How well do the Cochin breed lay? I've heard conflicting reports and so thought you could give an accurate report of their laying performance. I'm interested in the breed for a few reasons and the laying performance would be the only sticking point.

Beautiful birds, BTW!!!!

I was out taking photos for the Cochin thread today and thought I'd post a few Cochin pictures since they are Heritage also. These are some of the birds that will go into breed pens this year. They are still finishing up their molts.
My Black rooster with two White hens. He is still in molt. as you can see from his neck and tail.

Big Blue and a Blue hen. He is still finishing his molt and she is finished.

This is a better photo of Big Blue taken earlier this summer. High Stepper is right behind him.

I have a weakness for blue birds, and these are just gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom