Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

LOL. What I think is hilarious is that we think they are coming to see us. Our "feathered friends" would eat us to if we laid still long enough. They love fresh meat.

YES!
gig.gif

I think mine have a plot out to trip me down most of the time can't even kick them out of the way much less startle them. I reached out and caught my Brown Leghorn rooster this morning with no effort against it on his part, thought to myself how many folks can just catch their leghorns much less get in arms reach of them LOL esp the show folks I think it was Walt says he has in the past had a hard time cage training them not to hang upside down in their show coops for the judges to score(#acrobats)

Jeff

Question for those of you with egg shape hatchability experience and the genetics of passing the shape to the next generation. The pic. is of one of Kathyinmo's F'4' Delawares that I just put in the breeding pen. She consistently lays the egg that is on the right, one of the other pullets lays the egg on the left (as you face the screen). I have not had luck with hatching the more lightbulb shaped eggs and don't want to pass that shape along. That being said, she is only one of 3 pullets I kept to single mate over 2, possibly 3 of Kathys cockerals. What do you think??

Question for those of you with egg shape hatchability experience and the genetics of passing the shape to the next generation. The pic. is of one of Kathyinmo's F'4' Delawares that I just put in the breeding pen. She consistently lays the egg that is on the right, one of the other pullets lays the egg on the left (as you face the screen). I have not had luck with hatching the more lightbulb shaped eggs and don't want to pass that shape along. That being said, she is only one of 3 pullets I kept to single mate over 2, possibly 3 of Kathys cockerals. What do you think??

I am a little particular about egg size, shape, quality etc. Figure it part of the bird. I would compromise on this one though. I see it as a fault, and there is no bird without fault. It is not a fault you want to fix. And it is not end of the world bad.

I had a strain of NHs that I played with for a while that had poorly shaped eggs on average. It would have been a major undertaking to make progress on that one point. Taught me that it was something I did not want to have a lot of.

I am trying to identify a pullet that is laying a poorly shaped egg. She is probably my favorite bird.

Back
Top Bottom